Onside Offsides?

TheDude

I might be misremembering, or under the influence of the jagermeister at the time, but didn't Central Michigan get called for offsides on their first onside kick against us, then had to re-kick and recovered the second onside kick?

Tonight Florida was offsides on their kick with 2 or 3 minutes left and Louisville got the ball and the refs just tacked on 5 yards from the spot that the ball went out of bounds.

Am I remembering incorrectly or was were the two instances handled differently?

I tried to block this season out of my mind but I seem to recall a false start. how you false start on a kickoff is beyond me.

I might be misremembering, or under the influence of the jagermeister at the time, but didn't Central Michigan get called for offsides on their first onside kick against us, then had to re-kick and recovered the second onside kick?

Tonight Florida was offsides on their kick with 2 or 3 minutes left and Louisville got the ball and the refs just tacked on 5 yards from the spot that the ball went out of bounds.

Think it was delay of game...

Then again, you may be remembering the 2006 Outback Bowl. Where Iowa executed a perfect onside kick en route to the tying touchdown... only to have corrupt officials take it away. One of the many officiating gems that day.

Go to the 10:50 mark to relive that piece of thievery.

[video=youtube_share;9PaKLoijTqQ]http://youtu.be/9PaKLoijTqQ[/video]

A delay of game, and it was never even marked ready for play. Then the phantom whistle right before the 2nd kick. Just one of the most bizarre, surreal sequences I have ever witnessed at any sporting event.

Then again, you may be remembering the 2006 Outback Bowl. Where Iowa executed a perfect onside kick en route to the tying touchdown... only to have corrupt officials take it away. One of the many officiating gems that day.

Go to the 10:50 mark to relive that piece of thievery.

[video=youtube_share;9PaKLoijTqQ]http://youtu.be/9PaKLoijTqQ[/video]

That wasn't even the worst call of the game. At least that was close, and an argument could be made for offsides.

But the facemask call against Solomon, when HE was the one pulled to the ground by his facemask, was easily the worst call of the day.

That wasn't even the worst call of the game. At least that was close, and an argument could be made for offsides.

But the facemask call against Solomon, when HE was the one pulled to the ground by his facemask, was easily the worst call of the day.

Indeed. That game had a "pick your favorite" list of outrageous calls.

[video=youtube_share;Zn5E2clVsGw]http://youtu.be/Zn5E2clVsGw[/video]

My favorite was when the fatty FL defensive lineman was trying to get off the field to avoid a 12 men on the field penalty. He was about 3 steps from the ref, clearly still on the field, when the ball was snapped.

If that story over on the scout site was true about Iowa fans verbally abusing the refs at the hotel after the game is true, then props to those Hawk fans.

Latest posts