onside kick/offside?

Herkeefan

Is it me or was that MN kicker offside when he kicked that onside kick? It appeared to me that his left foot came across the line after he came forward & then changes his angle to attempt the onside kick?

I just got back from Wilderness up at the Dells & was not able to see enough replays & not able to listen to call in shows afteward. Just curious

How is it that we did not have our hands team on just incase they attempt onisde kick? Kinda like that Whisky game last year on that punt...we want the ball & you have to be prepared for that stuff. What did they have too lose??? NOTHING. If we score again on that possession, tey game might be over, so they roll the dice & it works. How is the hands teasm not on or if they were it look terrible.

You want the ball & you give yourself the best chance to secure the game

everyone seems to know that they were going to onside kick it...really? I didn't...yeah, i must be the only one the way it sounds....

It crossed my mind when they missed the 2 point conversion. I remembered how they did it after their first score last year. Then it happened and I through my hat and put a dent in the drywall.

I just can't imagine how we wouldn't put them in for ANY 4th Quarter kickoff.

I look at it like a quirky XP formation: you line up to defend it untill they go into an actual XP formation. I think the definition of being a conservative HC would call for them to be out on the field for any 4th Quarter kickoff?

Why is it so hard to believe that?

I think the definition of being a conservative HC would call for them to be out on the field for any 4th Quarter kickoff?

This is the frustrating part for me. Playing the way we are, we should ALWAYS be looking for the fake or the onside kick. You only get away with giving those up if you're going to try to force turnovers and build the occasional 35-point lead.

Always defend the onside? Then when our kick returns are even worse you'll b1tch about that.

Is it me or was that MN kicker offside when he kicked that onside kick? It appeared to me that his left foot came across the line after he came forward & then changes his angle to attempt the onside kick?

I just got back from Wilderness up at the Dells & was not able to see enough replays & not able to listen to call in shows afteward. Just curious

How is it that we did not have our hands team on just incase they attempt onisde kick? Kinda like that Whisky game last year on that punt...we want the ball & you have to be prepared for that stuff. What did they have too lose??? NOTHING. If we score again on that possession, tey game might be over, so they roll the dice & it works. How is the hands teasm not on or if they were it look terrible.

You want the ball & you give yourself the best chance to secure the game

Kicker can't be offsides.

I am just saying, from the angle the kicker took when he first approached the kick he attempted it at a normal kick approach then changed his angle to more parallel with hash marks but as he went to onside the kick his left foot & was OVER the 35 BEFORE the kick.

Always defend the onside? Then when our kick returns are even worse you'll b1tch about that.
You have a team that has nothing to lose & they need another score to win. If they kick it to us & we score on that possession the game is likely over, so how can you not expect them to try it. My point is they need the ball to score & all we want is the ball.

Put the hands team out there & even if they pin us inside the twenty I would rather have the ball with OUR offense out there vs their D.

Goes back to Wisconsin game last year. Our DEF stopped them & deserved to get off the field, but IOWA set-up for a return & when BB saw that he called for the fake. Our DEF was gassed that last 3-4 minutes it took Wisconsin to drive down for TD when if we press them at the line we have them punt & WE get the ball to try to use clock & TRY to score.

In that Wisc game last year we intercepted a pass around their 4o-45 midway in 4th qtr& we got too conservative with 3 runs w/o really trying for a 1st down. Try for a FG, but that was missed.

Just like Sorano says in the movie, "Major League" you gotta have MARBLES & that is not the case IMO