One player can really change your basketball program

Luka really has been that player

- for those who missed his spot on The Journey, here it is. You can see where he gets the tenacity to keep coming at you from those work outs with his old man.

Now, I realize, it's been more then one player....he's the last in a bunch of players who have been playing at a really high level over the last 5 or 6 seasons for Iowa....but to me, those type of players seem to be coming more often in the Iowa program. TC never reached his potential, but he was a good enough player to be 1st team all B1G but just never had that break out year. It could have been this year? It could have been Moss this year? I don't know, it just seems like we have a program that is going to kick out quality players now and that wasn't always the case. It's kind of mind blowing that Luka is likely to be our 5th 1st team All B1G player since the 2014 season.

Say what you want about Fran but he certainly has no problems finding a player to build around.

That last sentence....huh?

I won’t be upset or shocked if Wieskamp and/or Garza leave. But Wieskamp will have to do some amazing things the rest of the way to be a 1st round NBA pick IMO. I just don’t see it yet.

I hope Wieskamp and Garza stay, but if they accomplish their goals this season, they might both go. Splitting some of that offensive burden with Pat, Nunge, and Bohannon will leave them less opportunity to be showcased next year. Don't get me wrong, they'll still be the top dogs, but there are only so many possessions in a game.

I think the only way they both stay is if they decide to go for a National Championship.

What's wrong with that sentence?
_D4S8999.jpg

Latest posts