Omaha was a blast!

iahawk20

Wow, that was a very fun 3 day event! The Hawkeye fans were out in full force which was great to see. I also must say I really enjoyed Cornell fans, they were great and seemed to be the only others that liked Iowa. It really was all others against Iowa from a fan standpoint. The ISU and MN fans by us were pretty lippy and it led to an interesting first day, lol.

Listening to Gable talk yesterday was awesome. I got to chat with him for a few and he was just having a great time taking everything in. He obviously bleeds black and gold and that clearly showed during our conversation. Even with the team title wrapped up he wasnt pleased with a few things...ultimate competitor still.

All in all it was a great weekend. M* was a warrior, I am not sure how he even wrestled with the pain he must have been in. Erekson probably caught hell from everyone for putting his singlet on backwards yesterday, lol. What a weekend, i wish it was still going on and i didnt have to go back to work tomorrow. Philly is looking pretty good come next March, this might have to be an annual event for me now!

Omaha was fun, and the crowds were great the whole weekend went last year and not near as many people not sure how the Scottrade and Qwest center compare in size though. I thought that the city did a great job of hosting the Championships parking was easy and travel was not bad all weekend.

Hopefully Philly can do as good of job as Omaha and The STL have done the past 2 years!

Andy Hamilton called the Qwest Center and Omaha a better venue than St. Louis for the tournament. What do you guys think that attended at both places?

I would agree with Andy that the Qwest center is better and like I said above the place was packed and got pretty load at times.

It was a great tourney, I had a great time and Omaha did a great job. That said, and this is just from memory, but I dont remember being that uncomfortable in St Louis. There seemed to be next to no leg room, and the seats seemed awfully small... Nitpicking, probably, but just a comment.....Anyone else feel that way?

I agree fully to bluemolson the seats were small and not as much leg room. Sat top row which wasn't all bad, but couldn't hear due to being above and behind speakers.Been to St. Louis many times always had better seats, also paid 180 for high seats. The excitement was great and lots of hawk fans. Access was nice, hotel within walking distance. Would still have to take St. Louis over Omaha.

This was my first nationals and I was not impressed with Omaha at all. Very few restraunts within walking distance, seats were very small and hardly any leg room.

We were lucky and had a wall behind our seats and were able to stand up without obstructing other's view.

All in all it was a great event and I look forward to going to more in the future. Just to clarify for those out there that want to argue, great event does not equal great city.

I vote St.Louis......for many reasons........I had GREAT seats in both venues and leg room was a problem in Omaha. Things to do were strung out more from a fan standpoint. Hawk Hotel was quite far from the event. BUT........I LOVED it regardless.

I had an amazing time but I vote St. Louis. Seats were a little cramped. I liked that it was sold out everyday or at least filled up near capacity more so than St. Louis.
I dread going to Philly, might not go. Just seems like it will be too expensive.

I vote St Louis also..just like hotels closer and can walk ..
As for site did like the Ford center in Okl city was real nice ..but long ways to drive
Philly looks expensive have to keep in good grace with Mrs :)..hopefully can fly out will have to wait and see ..

Latest posts