Old Penn State Hash

austinhawk

Met a guy who played at Penn State. 1970's. Had a lot of good points. Says when Paterno was told in 98, it was schultz who granted Sandusky a 100,000 dollarish pension and a an all rights "backstage pass". Joe Pa distanced himself. Wouldn't you? Joe Pa should have done more, but in reality, he was already a token figure, taking care of his health. Pa had reduced his role to a figurehead the last many several years that was for recruiting. Made me believe that Penn State officials were more at fault. (and then I showed him my Hawkeye tatoo!! :) !!

If you know about the sexual assault of young boys and don't do everything in your power to make sure it stop you're a POS. Simple as that

BS. This "figurehead" is the guy that Curley and Schultz were reporting details of the 1998 case to. This "figurehead" is the guy who stopped Curley and Schultz from going to authorities in 2001. This "figurehead" is the guy told PSU officials to go to hell in 2004 when they were trying to force him out.
Next time you see the Paterno apologist tell him to read the Freeh Report.

I don't care if you are the assistant equipment manager, if you know that a specific person has molested a young boy, you are morally, if not legally obligated to shout about it at the top of your lungs on the street corner until he is stopped, if that is what it takes. Anyone who knew and didn't make sure he was stopped is on the schnide here.

Last edited:
If you know about the sexual assault of young boys and don't do everything in your power to make sure it stop you're a POS. Simple as that

But in 1998 it was "just" hugging. (Shudder).

I STILL don't get that one...as if it had to go FURTHER for anyone to be repulsed?!

austinhawk you regret starting this thread yet :)

I'll just go ahead and pile on - Joe Paterno, his staff (dont forget in the trial it came out Tom Bradley showered with Sandusky and one of the victims) and the PSU administration should rot in HELL.

Come on people. Paterno knew about Sandusky WAY before 1998.

This is the scary thing. Sandusky didn't start doing this stuff in his old age. He's prolly been a sicko for a long long time. The fact the provable timeline starts in 98 sure doesn't mean that's where it started. I just wish Joe Paw was still alive to get grilled and face the music... I also wish Sandusky would come clean but I usually never get what I want.

I thought this thread was going to be about smoking choice hash.
#disappointed

in 1999 - i wondered about why a highly respected fb coach (and heir apparent to psu job) gave up on coaching to hang out with a youth group. I also wondered why no school in the country would touch him with an offer to get him back in the fb coaching world! Not one school made a serious offer to him to entice him away from retirement!
that made no sense to me then ..... and n

The Vicky Triponey stuff seems to do a fairly good job of calling BS to the Joe Pa was just a figurehead stuff. Even though I don't agree with many of her policies, it is clear JoePa repeatedly shut down her ability to discipline people involved with the football program.

in 1999 - i wondered about why a highly respected fb coach (and heir apparent to psu job) gave up on coaching to hang out with a youth group. I also wondered why no school in the country would touch him with an offer to get him back in the fb coaching world! Not one school made a serious offer to him to entice him away from retirement!
that made no sense to me then ..... and n

Sure you wondered. You were on top of it from the start (Saracasm intended).

BS. This "figurehead" is the guy that Curley and Schultz were reporting details of the 1998 case to.

The Freeh report doesn't say that.

This "figurehead" is the guy who stopped Curley and Schultz from going to authorities in 2001.

The Freeh report doesn't say that.

This "figurehead" is the guy told PSU officials to go to hell in 2004 when they were trying to force him out

Yes, and good for him, though not terribly relevant. Hayden Fry could've done the same if the same situation had presented itself in the 90's.

Next time you see the Paterno apologist tell him to read the Freeh Report.

First, you should do the same. http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/big-10-sports/47998-alternate-take-freeh-report.html

The Vicky Triponey stuff seems to do a fairly good job of calling BS to the Joe Pa was just a figurehead stuff. Even though I don't agree with many of her policies, it is clear JoePa repeatedly shut down her ability to discipline people involved with the football program.

I disagree with the OP assertion that JoePa was just a figurehead.

Vicky Triponey's efforts look better in hindsight, perhaps. But the flat truth is that Kirk Ferentz would've reacted the same way as Joe to what she was demanding, essentially that the University control discipline of football players. In fact, there's a close analogy to the UI administration's treatment of Marcus Coker, and I doubt many here were happy with that.

Latest posts