Olaseni & Katenda

dmShortSaledude

Is it known if these two would like to continue their basketball careers together? Curious as both only have Iowa matching on their lists, according to a couple of sites. These two would be huge pick ups!

This lineup would be one tall lineup.
Olaseni 6'10"
Katenda 6'9"
Basabe 6'7"
McCabe 6'7"
Marble 6'7" (assuming his growth spurt stops at 6'7", as has been mentioned)

Tell me we wouldn't rule the boards... and you could swap out May as we all know he plays much taller than his height. Or go even taller with Archie or Brommer.

Obviously that wouldn't be our starting lineup in 2011, with Cartwright & Gatens, but we could see it or use it when needed... It could be the starting lineup in 2012 and beyond. Regardless of how it could be used, it would be a very good lineup to run at times, against certain defenses and teams. All those guys can run. I would love to see it!

Any other recruits known to be visiting, or have visited??? Besides Hubbard & Guerrero.

Point guard??? Marble is not a true PG and only played this position because we had no other option. The point guard is the most important position when you want to get out and run like Fran would like to in his system.

I would also like to see McCabe's minutes be coming off the bench. He can provide meaninful minutes but if he is starting in 2 years it tells me that we haven't really improved the talent much at all.

I dont know the answers to your questions, but I do know that I am enjoying thinking about the future of Iowa basketball more and more these days, with optimistic thoughts.

Not confident in our chances with Katenda since he says he isn't going to set up a visit until after he visits Wake and ND. Not exactly a vote of confidence. I like our chances with Olaseni though.

How tall is Marble now and has he grown from what I thought was his listed height of 6'5"?

I dont know the answers to your questions, but I do know that I am enjoying thinking about the future of Iowa basketball more and more these days, with optimistic thoughts.

Likewise! I am most excited for next year. Even if we do not land a couple rock solid recruits, I am happy with what we got and what have coming back.
I created a list of pros & cons last week on McCaffery, and it turned out to be all pros. I just couldn't think of anything negative. He does have a little bit of an Irish temper, but it is justified with either a poor call by the ref or he is trying to light a fire under the arses of his players. I have No problems with that.
All adjectives describing Fran are positive. Everybody I talk with on the subject feels the same way. When was the last time we could say that??? It makes one feel good to be a Hawkeye again, and eager to see more. Very eager.

How tall is Marble now and has he grown from what I thought was his listed height of 6'5"?

It has been said he is catching up with Basabe, and that he is not finished growing. No idea if it is true, but he does seem very close to Basabe, that would make him taller than 6'5"... Regardless Marble is long.

Olaseni and a PG such as Carter, Stokes, or JUCO will do just fine thank you

If Coach gets 1 of the 3 I will be elated. Either way there is a lot of talent available. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Katenda visiting Wake Forest this weekend. Per Sr ESPN Analyst the kid is down to Wake, ND, Iowa and GT. The two leaders per him are Wake and ND.

It would seem that the odds of landing Katenda are fading. Wake Forest is about in the same position we are, but ND offers more sizzle. I do think landing Olaseni is critical because we need to establish some juco relationships that can yield future players. If we land Olaseni and he gets minutes, performs well, no doubt other players at that program will give us a look.

Can we get a little confirmation on the growth of Marble, Jon? That's some exciting biznatch if Marble's 6'7".

Wake just picked up a commitment today from '12 C Andre Washington. Wake is a great academic school but their hoops program really doesn't stand much chance of improving anytime soon if they keep getting this type of player. I think this commitment really hurts their chances at landing a 4* kid like Katenda. McKie is really the only big name player on their roster and he plays the same position as Katenda.

Bedzelik at Wake seems to be mining the midwest now,as he offered 2012 forward kale Abrahamson out of DM Valley this week also. Hmmm....is that going to work in the talent rich ACC? Is the lick-ization of Wake starting?

Latest posts