Ok so Iowa got us off and running

olddude

I encourage all of you here to pay a visit to any other B10 teams boards that are in bowls and wish them luck. I am still hoping the B10 does really well this bowl season. I will watch every game and root for all the b10 teams.

What a game, love it! Having a hard time winding down.

Sorry, but I will not be rooting for NW.

Nope, can't do it either. Mind you, I won't root for their opponent; I just won't pull for the purple kitties.
Same thing earlier this evening: I didn't root for Baylor, but I sure as hell didn't root for illannoy. I hate illannoy.
Quite frankly, I don't really buy the whole "conference allegiance" thing. I mean, we all point and laugh when the idiots down south chant "SEC! SEC!", but we're basically supposed to do the same thing at bowl/tourney time?
Nah.
I'm an Iowa fan. I don't root for any other university. :cool:

The only circumstance in which I would root for Wisconsin is if it would directly benefit Iowa. Even that would feel dirty.

I hope TCU destroys them. Plus it would make Delany look like a fool after his comments about non-BCS teams.

I'm too lazy to visit any other Big 10 boards... you can link this board and tell them we are wishing them good luck.

GO BIG 10

Football season is over so it's off to basketball season. Time to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch my struggling Hawkeye basketball team :D

Nope, can't do it either. Mind you, I won't root for their opponent; I just won't pull for the purple kitties.
Same thing earlier this evening: I didn't root for Baylor, but I sure as hell didn't root for illannoy. I hate illannoy.
Quite frankly, I don't really buy the whole "conference allegiance" thing. I mean, we all point and laugh when the idiots down south chant "SEC! SEC!", but we're basically supposed to do the same thing at bowl/tourney time?
Nah.
I'm an Iowa fan. I don't root for any other university. :cool:

The only people that p*ss me off for beating their collective SEC chest are the Kentucky, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc. fans who don't do s*it most years. If you're a team that's up at the top of the conference, you want the conference to look as tough as possible, because it helps you in the rankings.

If the Big Ten goes 6-1 (Northwestern is not going to win without Persa), then the conference will get a big boost in respect, which does benefit all the teams at the top (which will hopefully mean the Hawks as well as OSU, Wisky, etc.). That's why an undefeated Big East team won't play for a title, because they don't play well out of conference. Honestly, it's in our best interest for the Big Ten to win as many bowls as possible.

If the Big Ten goes 6-1 (Northwestern is not going to win without Persa), then the conference will get a big boost in respect, which does benefit all the teams at the top (which will hopefully mean the Hawks as well as OSU, Wisky, etc.). That's why an undefeated Big East team won't play for a title, because they don't play well out of conference. Honestly, it's in our best interest for the Big Ten to win as many bowls as possible.
Exactly, well put.

The only people that p*ss me off for beating their collective SEC chest are the Kentucky, South Carolina, Ole Miss, etc. fans who don't do s*it most years. If you're a team that's up at the top of the conference, you want the conference to look as tough as possible, because it helps you in the rankings.

You're 100% correct.
Nevertheless, pls don't ask me to become a situational fan of the other B 10 schools. I simply cant/wont do it. :cool:

Totally agree with this and I do usually pull for the other B10 teams but will NEVER EVER EVER route for Nebraska....EVER

can't/won't root for Wisky...I hope TCU takes them behind the woodshed....it would be icing on the cake for this bowl season.

can't/won't root for Wisky...I hope TCU takes them behind the woodshed....it would be icing on the cake for this bowl season.
I have to root for Wisky, they are the B10's best team. If they lose that really makes us look bad. It's bad enough losing to MN, NW and such. I can handle losing to very good teams in a well fought battle but to say here is our best team (some would say best in the country) and watch them get beat up on would be humiliating.

I'm not a Wisc.fan but I would like them to beat the crap out of TCU.I think we'll have two losses(NW @Mich St).

You guys that don't cheer for the other big 10 schools must really like the taste of crap. Maybe you should go read some comments from some SEC teams or head on over to Cyclone Fanatic. Maybe you should just start cheering for another school.

Cheering for TCU has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here and I've read a bunch.

I was actually hoping to hear the national media for the next month and again in the fall say how Iowa was the only Big 10 team to win their bowl game.

Latest posts