Ok...I'm confessing...the NW loss was my fault.

MNHawkeyeFreak

It wasn't the coaching. It wasn't the players. It was me. I realized after the game that I did not wear my lucky black shirt, my tiger hawk game face, or my gold and black football bead necklace, which I refer to as my Hawkeye prayer beads.
I wasn't feeling well before the game started, and pulled on a gold hawk shirt and a sweat shirt when I first got up. We all know the outcome and when I went to bed last Saturday I realized I was not wearing any of my lucky items. I have never done that before. I'm sorry.

Glad there is no rep squares anymore.

-47...if that was even possible!:mad:

Actually...I must confess as well...I was wearing my gold "IOWA" cap and my best friend was wearing his black Hawkeye cap, with black Tiger Hawk logo at the same time, in the same room...both hats were birthday presents...from his wife! Who's a graduate of...IOWA STATE! She obviously figured out a way to curse the hats and make the Hawks lose when worn at the same time! So it wasn't your fault after all, Freaky!:eek:

For away games I don't travel to I go to the Front Row to watch. Normally I get there at 9:00 for 11:00 starts so I can get one of the booths with the small flat screens. Last week, I was about 10 minutes late, and all the booths had already been claimed. We had to sit at the bar. I knew right away we were ****ed. I even posted it in the gameday thread right after I got there that bad things were going to happen...

No, it was my neighbor. He had the wrong Hawkeye flag on this house last weekend. He switched it yesterday though. So, we're good for the Ohio State game. AND I will be wearing my VERY LUCKY "Beat State" shirt, so we're golden!

For away games I don't travel to I go to the Front Row to watch. Normally I get there at 9:00 for 11:00 starts so I can get one of the booths with the small flat screens. Last week, I was about 10 minutes late, and all the booths had already been claimed. We had to sit at the bar. I knew right away we were ****ed. I even posted it in the gameday thread right after I got there that bad things were going to happen...

I remember reading that.

I'm willing to share the blame with all of you...and your neighbor. Let's just not let it happen again! I'll be at the game with all my lucky items tomorrow so our chances of winning our high.

Nope it was me. I have a gold Hawkeye Hoodie. I bought it before the Arkansas State game last year. I wore it during every win. We were going to a game watch during the NW game. I had it on when we started the drive down. Took it off cause it got hot. You know what happened next. Was on a work trip next weekend, so I didn't even bring it. Yep, loss to OSU.

Wore it at the Orange Bowl.

This year? Didn't wear it for each of the three losses.

So really, it is my fault. But don't worry Hawk fans I will appropriately respect the Hoodie this weekend.

I love these threads. It helps to know I'm not the only irrational one. I couldn't find my lucky fleece. My kids were with their grandparents who apparently only put them in their Hawkeye tshirts and skipped their jerseys. And I couldn't find a ticket for a friend who has never seen the Hawks lose in person.

Yup....me too. Didn't wear my black hawkeye polo last week. Had on some stupid 3/4 sleeve golf pullover with a white hawkeye polo. Stupid stupid stupid. Forgive me:eek:

Whew! What a relief! All week long I've thought it was me for wearing the old gray Iowa hoodie instead of my steadfast black Hawkeye sweatshirt. Won't let that happen again!

Looks like there was a lot going against our Hawks this game. Every-time my Aunt would watch an Iowa game last year and this year Iowa has lost, not sure if she has ever seen them win...

Looks like there was a lot going against our Hawks this game. Every-time my Aunt would watch an Iowa game last year and this year Iowa has lost, not sure if she has ever seen them win...

Well, I am wearing the Hoodie. What are you going to do about your Aunt?

After the WI loss we reinstated the pregame Jagerbomb and look what happened we blew out MSU, the next two weeks we skipped them and see what happened? Crappy/lucky win and a loss. So we'll resume the Jagerbombs tomorrow morning. Look out Buckeyes!!!

all you buttheads need to line up so I can kick your butts. lets get with the program next time.

oh no..I too had a dirty lucky shirt so I wore my outback bowl shirt.

My wife and I can both take some blame in this. I apparently have an UNLUCKY Iowa shirt that my wife bought me the day of the Arizona game. It is the Nike dri fit sideline coaches shirt and is sweet, however the only three times I've worn it... you guessed it, our THREE losses!!!!

It wasn't the coaching. It wasn't the players. It was me. I realized after the game that I did not wear my lucky black shirt, my tiger hawk game face, or my gold and black football bead necklace, which I refer to as my Hawkeye prayer beads.
I wasn't feeling well before the game started, and pulled on a gold hawk shirt and a sweat shirt when I first got up. We all know the outcome and when I went to bed last Saturday I realized I was not wearing any of my lucky items. I have never done that before. I'm sorry.

Glad there is no rep squares anymore.

Get a rope.

I was wearing all of my lucky stuff but my friend Geoff didn't wear his retro Black and Gold striped tube socks...so being a stand-up guy, he has accepted responsibility.

Swarmy

My wife and I can both take some blame in this. I apparently have an UNLUCKY Iowa shirt that my wife bought me the day of the Arizona game. It is the Nike dri fit sideline coaches shirt and is sweet, however the only three times I've worn it... you guessed it, our THREE losses!!!!

Do the right thing bro...burn the shirt.

Please, please, please...Don't. Wear. That. Shirt!

Latest posts