OK how about talking basketball

longtimer

enough of the suspension saga, Enough of the debate (if there is one) that Barta has almost no support from at least this board and enough of Fran's Temper tantrums. The Big Ten Tournament is right around the corner and it's looking like there wont be to many easy games. Penn State destroyed Maryland, Indiana beats Wisconsin and Illinois has played pretty well on the road at Purdue. One could argue that Iowa may be playing at a lower level than most in the conference with possible exception of Northwestern and Nebraska in the last several games. We better get back to playing inspired defense and hitting some 3s or it could be yet another early out in both tournaments

I would argue there is virtually no difference between the 4th place team and the 12th place team. It's crazy how close everyone is this year.

The way the bracket is set up now is as perfect as it gets for Iowa. First game against Nebraska/Northwestern who are probably the 2 worst teams right now. Then Michigan in the next round who we match up pretty well with. We also wouldn't play MSU until Sunday which would be great.

Meanwhile the 5 seed plays Penn State/Indiana which I think would be a 50/50 game for Iowa or Wisconsin to win. Factor in they play during work hours instead of at night, and I want the 5 seed pretty bad. It just sucks they have to lose to Wisconsin to get it.

Iowa does need to start playing better. They need to find the vibe they had against Michigan - by far their best game of the year. They can do some damage playing like that. Performances like they've given lately will catch up to them - like what happened at OSU.

What version will show up down the stretch?

Iowa does need to start playing better. They need to find the vibe they had against Michigan - by far their best game of the year. They can do some damage playing like that. Performances like they've given lately will catch up to them - like what happened at OSU.

What version will show up down the stretch?

I just hope its the team that can attack the rim and play inside when the 3s aren't falling. We've got a good interior game we simply need to play inside rather than relying on the 3 ball when we're simply struggling to find a rhythm offensively. We've got to tighten up defensively and rebound better as well.

The way the bracket is set up now is as perfect as it gets for Iowa. First game against Nebraska/Northwestern who are probably the 2 worst teams right now. Then Michigan in the next round who we match up pretty well with. We also wouldn't play MSU until Sunday which would be great.

Meanwhile the 5 seed plays Penn State/Indiana which I think would be a 50/50 game for Iowa or Wisconsin to win. Factor in they play during work hours instead of at night, and I want the 5 seed pretty bad. It just sucks they have to lose to Wisconsin to get it.
You want the 6 seed*

I don’t like playing a Michigan team looking for revenge who’s had a ton of success at the BTT. Maybe they are due for a loss though.

The first round matchup does set up pretty nice though and that’s my only concern.

Better take care of Rutgers first though.

I don’t like playing a Michigan team looking for revenge who’s had a ton of success at the BTT. Maybe they are due for a loss though.

The first round matchup does set up pretty nice though and that’s my only concern.

Of the top 4 teams I would take playing Michigan or Maryland over playing Michigan State or Purdue. We just don't ever seem to match up well with either team no matter the personel, venue, or time of the year.

Of the top 4 teams I would take playing Michigan or Maryland over playing Michigan State or Purdue. We just don't ever seem to match up well with either team no matter the personel, venue, or time of the year.
I would love another shot at Purdue. I don’t think they are anything special at all. We caught them on a tough night.

Michigan State I wouldn’t mind playing without Ward either.

Hard to say what will happen on any given night.

I would love another shot at Purdue. I don’t think they are anything special at all. We caught them on a tough night.

I dont know if I even have a preference. They're all so close .

I would like another shot at them, but maybe in the championship if possible. Maryland is so beatable, hence last night against Penn State, and Iowa should have won that game in the first place so I definitely want another shot at them. Michigan State has handled us both ways so not excited about that, but I do think Purdue could be given a run for their money by Iowa I just prefer it in the championship.

I would argue there is virtually no difference between the 4th place team and the 12th place team. It's crazy how close everyone is this year.

I agree and I'm trying to decide if that means the whole big ten is strong or if they all just suck. The nonconference would suggest they're really good, but some of these games really make me wonder.

I'm not even sure what sport Wisconsin is playing but it sure as shit isn't basketball

I just hope its the team that can attack the rim and play inside when the 3s aren't falling. We've got a good interior game we simply need to play inside rather than relying on the 3 ball when we're simply struggling to find a rhythm offensively. We've got to tighten up defensively and rebound better as well.
Wiescamp has been settling lately, even though he shot well Columbus.

I would like to to see him get inside more, and get more than six or seven shots. It adds another dimension to our team when he's aggressive and attacking the rim too.

Just hope we don't get Penn State, they just simply have our number and are playing great ball.

Against Maryland and others, I noticed that we are just not in people's space. Teams are really getting into Iowa's bodies and overplaying physically. Iowa needs to be just as physically aggressive when the refs are allowing that kind of contact.
I've noticed that Iowa players hang back and won't play that aggressively, a lot of the guys prefer to reach which is an easy call. We are fairly deep, I would like the team to at least try to body the opposition once in a while. I know if guys used to try that with me I would do it right back. I would like to see that kind of fight in them.

Nebraska goes down by 30 at Michigan. Miles has to bench three starters to begin second half.

Miles seat had gone from hot to napalm. Now it may be approaching gamma ray status.

Latest posts