OK - all you dumbos...

NEHawkeye

That want KF gone. Today is an example of why you are wrong. Who knows what happens for the next 7 games but today was a good day.

The first half was great until he sat on 3 TOs from the 50. Second half was ugly. But at the end of the day, I'll take 31-13 any time.

I told you all that Kirk would have a masterful gameplan....and he did. The first half was a thing of beauty.

I'm a little disappointed the Hawks passed so much in the second half (I was fine with the first series...he was going for the kill...proving everyone who thinks he just likes to sit on lead wrong), but felt there should have been more runs called after that.

Overall....another great coaching job by Kirk.

I told you all that Kirk would have a masterful gameplan....and he did. The first half was a thing of beauty.

I'm a little disappointed the Hawks passed so much in the second half (I was fine with the first series...he was going for the kill...proving everyone who thinks he just likes to sit on lead wrong), but felt there should have been more runs called after that.

Overall....another great coaching job by Kirk.

Hahahaha He wasnt trying to bury them. If he wanted to do that he would have played it like the first half.

He was trying to break JVB out of his funk and the defense allowed him to do that as they were very good. The passing was not an attempt to blow them out. Its funny you cant see that.

Hahahaha He wasnt trying to bury them. If he wanted to do that he would have played it like the first half.

He was trying to break JVB out of his funk and the defense allowed him to do that as they were very good. The passing was not an attempt to blow them out. Its funny you cant see that.

I didn't say he was trying to blow Minnesota out. I said he was going for the kill....meaning he was trying to put the game away.

I didn't say he was trying to blow Minnesota out. I said he was going for the kill....meaning he was trying to put the game away.

What is the difference? Blow them out or put the game away. They both involve scoring a lot of points.

Point is you are a kirk fan and you couldnt grasp what he was doing.

I agree with what he was doing. He was trying to get JVB better at the passing game. He knew it was safe to do that because of how well the defense was playing.

The first half was great until he sat on 3 TOs from the 50. Second half was ugly. But at the end of the day, I'll take 31-13 any time.

This. Totally mystified why no shots into the end one at the end of the first half. But then it's Kirk Ferentz we're talking about, so no real mystery.

One game.

Nice win.

Watch the very end of the 3rd quarter and you'll see some of the worst clock management you've ever seen... an inexplicable timeout on 1st down with 12 seconds to go when we should have just let the clock run out. Ferentz gave 'sota 3+ extra minutes to come back...that they shouldn't have had. Things haven't changed.

One game.

Nice win.

Watch the very end of the 3rd quarter and you'll see some of the worst clock management you've ever seen... an inexplicable timeout on 1st down with 12 seconds to go when we should have just let the clock run out. Ferentz gave 'sota 3+ extra minutes to come back...that they shouldn't have had. Things haven't changed.

Much irony in this post. How many times to posters lectured KF for running too much time off the clock.....now he doesn't run ENOUGH clock.

Latest posts