Ohio State, Penn State could still win conference trophy?

HawkeyeHypnosis

Was just listening to 100.7 and they were talking about the B1G. They said that if Ohio State or Penn State were to win the conference, even though they won't play in the B1G championship game, they still get a trophy. Is this right?

This is a strange decision by the Big Ten.
So, in theory the holder of the Big Ten Championship Trophy might not have the Divisional Trophy winner? Very awkward. Huge lifeline thrown to O'Brien and Meyer to have a carrot to motivate their teams. Hopefully, Hawks beat PSU,and OSU beats MSU,Neb,and Mich....and help the Hawks get that divisional trophy. Also, noted that if a team ties for the divisional title,even if they lose the tie-break,they are declared the divisional co-champs,and get a trophy. So, a carrot for the Hawks? If MSU,Neb and Mich all lose to OSU...you never know, a Hawkeye team at 5-3 might even tie for the divisonal title....I would take it.

This kind of decision is just another in a loooooong line of failures by leadership of this conference. Just abysmal leadership. These folks make Dan Beebe look like he was brilliant. Jim Delany needs to retire, dude is a clown.

This kind of decision is just another in a loooooong line of failures by leadership of this conference. Just abysmal leadership. These folks make Dan Beebe look like he was brilliant. Jim Delany needs to retire, dude is a clown.

LOL this cannot be serious.

This is a strange decision by the Big Ten.
So, in theory the holder of the Big Ten Championship Trophy might not have the Divisional Trophy winner? Very awkward. Huge lifeline thrown to O'Brien and Meyer to have a carrot to motivate their teams. Hopefully, Hawks beat PSU,and OSU beats MSU,Neb,and Mich....and help the Hawks get that divisional trophy. Also, noted that if a team ties for the divisional title,even if they lose the tie-break,they are declared the divisional co-champs,and get a trophy. So, a carrot for the Hawks? If MSU,Neb and Mich all lose to OSU...you never know, a Hawkeye team at 5-3 might even tie for the divisonal title....I would take it.

PSU is going to need a hell of a lot more than motivation to win their division this year.

Just going to go out on a limb and say that PSU won't be in position to play for any trophies this year anyway, except maybe for any rivalry trophies that they my have, whatever those are.

Whatever their decision about who is named division champion, it's going to sound strange on paper.
A) You have a conference champion who didn't win their division
B) You Have a division champion who didn't win their division

As much as I would hate to see either of the probation-teams win the title, I think this is the right decision. 6-7 UCLA being named the PAC-12 South champion last year, with 10-2 USC there...? eh....not a fan.

Whatever their decision about who is named division champion, it's going to sound strange on paper.
A) You have a conference champion who didn't win their division
B) You Have a division champion who didn't win their division

As much as I would hate to see either of the probation-teams win the title, I think this is the right decision. 6-7 UCLA being named the PAC-12 South champion last year, with 10-2 USC there...? eh....not a fan.

Sounds alot like how our last national championship was won.

Latest posts