Ohio State-Iowa was ESPN's most viewed afternoon game of 2017

This makes sense. Despite the criticism thrown the Hawkeyes way, our fans are not the only ones who appreciate a well-played game, especially when one team is a huge underdog. Football fans around the nation turned into the Michigan @ Iowa game last year and were treated to a closely played contest, filled with drama and tension. Same thing with the Penn State @ Iowa game this year. That was an exciting game to watch. Anyone who loves college football would dearly love that style of football. I know I was on pins and needles the entire game.....

With The Kinnick Magic factor, national attention will be captured. Even though nobody seriously believed that the Hawks would win, even play a close game, there was still the possibility, however low, but it was there, that the Hawks could defy belief and win. People tuned in, at least, at the start, to determine if there would be another unlikely Hawkeye victory, or at least a well-played, exciting football game, They received what they were looking for during the first series of downs with the interception and touchdown. Kept them glued to the tube, especially when the Hawks stayed in the game.....

Ohio State was considered by many to make the playoffs and some thought they had a slight chance to upset the Tide. This was a must-win game for them, and national attention was piqued. The Hawks delivered. A game that shook the football world upside down.....

I imagine the Hawks at Wisconsin will also be highly viewed.....

Onward to Victory at Camp Randall......

This makes sense. Despite the criticism thrown the Hawkeyes way, our fans are not the only ones who appreciate a well-played game, especially when one team is a huge underdog. Football fans around the nation turned into the Michigan @ Iowa game last year and were treated to a closely played contest, filled with drama and tension. Same thing with the Penn State @ Iowa game this year. That was an exciting game to watch. Anyone who loves college football would dearly love that style of football. I know I was on pins and needles the entire game.....

With The Kinnick Magic factor, national attention will be captured. Even though nobody seriously believed that the Hawks would win, even play a close game, there was still the possibility, however low, but it was there, that the Hawks could defy belief and win. People tuned in, at least, at the start, to determine if there would be another unlikely Hawkeye victory, or at least a well-played, exciting football game, They received what they were looking for during the first series of downs with the interception and touchdown. Kept them glued to the tube, especially when the Hawks stayed in the game.....

Ohio State was considered by many to make the playoffs and some thought they had a slight chance to upset the Tide. This was a must-win game for them, and national attention was piqued. The Hawks delivered. A game that shook the football world upside down.....

I imagine the Hawks at Wisconsin will also be highly viewed.....

Onward to Victory at Camp Randall......

I like your poetic waxing, Duke but I wonder if the main attraction for the nation is to tune in thru the 1st to watch (and for many to "participate" in) The Wave. It just so happens that the Hawks hooked them with high quality play and a 10-10 tie that they had to see play out.

I like your poetic waxing, Duke but I wonder if the main attraction for the nation is to tune in thru the 1st to watch (and for many to "participate" in) The Wave. It just so happens that the Hawks hooked them with high quality play and a 10-10 tie that they had to see play out.

The Wave has captured national attention, well deserved, and I am certain that was a large part of it, too.....

:cool:

I've watched it again 3 times too. That may have been the most enjoyable game I've seen in a long time. It simply never gets old. It's like watching it for the first time every time.

I keep watching the highlight reel over and over again.....

Never get tired of it and probably never will.....

:cool:

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. WR's, wr's, wr's, wr's. QB's, qb's, qb's, qb's. DB's, db's, db's, db's.

Folks, that's why a high octane offense is so necessary and aggressive football is critical. We looked like a playoff team. See, don't need to BE one, just look like one when everyone is watching.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. WR's, wr's, wr's, wr's. QB's, qb's, qb's, qb's. DB's, db's, db's, db's.

Folks, that's why a high octane offense is so necessary and aggressive football is critical. We looked like a playoff team. See, don't need to BE one, just look like one when everyone is watching.
Fake it until you make it.

Fake it until you make it.

LOL. I was actually meaning that Iowa hasn't ever been a playoff team and could get there by looking like one to help recruiting. But yeah, fake it until you make it. You must be a child of the '70's with that statement. Very popular phrase in the '70's.

LOL. I was actually meaning that Iowa hasn't ever been a playoff team and could get there by looking like one to help recruiting. But yeah, fake it until you make it. You must be a child of the '70's with that statement. Very popular phrase in the '70's.

Only because few people acknowledge that we don't start count years at year zero. I am part of the Saved By the Bell, Cola Wars, and stand up tight end generation.

I didn't realize until high school as a tight end most start the play with their hand on the ground.

Only because few people acknowledge that we don't start count years at year zero. I am part of the Saved By the Bell, Cola Wars, and stand up tight end generation.

I didn't realize until high school as a tight end most start the play with their hand on the ground.

LOL. Good ol' hayden.

Have seen the replays on BTN several times and a terrific game by the Hawks but an amazing amount of things that went Iowa's way on this day.

Credit the 7th largest state population in the U.S. along with one of the largest alumni groups in the country for part of that viewership success.

Latest posts