Ohio State another must win?

longtimer

I would say definitely yes. We still have home games with Michigan, Michigan State and Indiana. Very possible (probable) we don't beat either either Michigan team at home which means we need to win the rest of our home games and steal at least 2 on the road. That gets us to 500 in the conference which probably doesn't get us in without a couple of wins in the Big Ten tournament. Our non conference wins have taken a hit as UCONN is very mediocre and Oregon is bad. They lost a 9 point lead in the final minute and UCLA beat them at home. Even Iowa State which is our best win was early without a couple of key players
So if getting into the tournament is the goal and IMHO it has to be in Fran's 9th year with an experienced if not senior laden team This next game is a must

I would say definitely yes. We still have home games with Michigan, Michigan State and Indiana. Very possible (probable) we don't beat either either Michigan team at home which means we need to win the rest of our home games and steal at least 2 on the road. That gets us to 500 in the conference which probably doesn't get us in without a couple of wins in the Big Ten tournament. Our non conference wins have taken a hit as UCONN is very mediocre and Oregon is bad. They lost a 9 point lead in the final minute and UCLA beat them at home. Even Iowa State which is our best win was early without a couple of key players
So if getting into the tournament is the goal and IMHO it has to be in Fran's 9th year with an experienced if not senior laden team This next game is a must
Pretty much agree with ya... I didn't stay up to see how that Oregon game ended. They seemed to have it under control when I last saw it. Geez... But yeah the way our schedule breaks down OSU is a must win in my book too. Maybe we can win a game or two there we 'shouldn't' But I'm not counting on it.

ALL THE SENIORS ON THIS TEAM!

Do really good college basketball teams even have SRs that play anymore? Usually the best teams are heavy with talented FR and SO.

But I get your point. Very important game on Saturday. Particularly with Iowa's schedule.

Is the season over if Iowa loses? No. Therefor, not a "must win".

There are a lot of opportunities for good wins on the schedule, so I tend to agree not a MUST win, but it would definitely be a big one to get. Don't have to win ALL of them. Just SOME of them.

Iowa needs all the quality W's it can get, given the way our OOC wins are looking as of right now.

Last edited:
Not a must win.

I think 9 conference wins is the magic number so we need 7 more.

Home games wins: IL, NW, Rutgers

That puts us to 5 so need 4 more.

I think we can at least split OSU or Indiana at home so there’s 6.

I’m assuming losses vs Mich State, Mich, @ OSU

We need 2 wins from:
@ Penn St
vs. Maryland
@ Minn
@ Maryland

The final 2 games on the road are at Wiscy and at Nebraska. I think we will win 1-2 to get win #9.

Latest posts