Ohio St vibe

Zstatman

Since I don't do Peacock, I was listening to SiriusXM's pregame of our Minnesota matchup, which happened to be the Ohio St/Michigan women's game. OSU won handily but at the end of the broadcast the last thing the OSU announcers said was 'don't tell Iowa but Sunday's game is academic'!

Richt...................................

n9w7qAF.gif

Iowa women have been disinterested since the first Indiana game. Tonight they looked a little bit more like they looked before they blew out the Hoosiers. OSU is probably going to see a whole different team than the team they faced in Columbus. If Iowa hits threes on Sunday like they did tonight it won’t be close.

Hopefully they play Sunday like it's academic. They already have the regular conference championship, the 1 seed in the Big 10 tourney, and more than likely a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney locked up. They might as well rest their starters and give us the win. We can play for the overall number 2 seed next Sunday.

Iowa women have been disinterested since the first Indiana game. Tonight they looked a little bit more like they looked before they blew out the Hoosiers. OSU is probably going to see a whole different team than the team they faced in Columbus. If Iowa hits threes on Sunday like they did tonight it won’t be close.
OSU is a terrible match up for us!!!

In the loss at Ohio State, the score at the end of the fourth quarter was

83-83

During the last minute, Caitlin missed a layup and Hannah missed a free throw

One would think we will play at Carver perhaps better than we did in Columbus

OSU owned the OT in Columbus

During the OT

Caitlin was called for 2 fouls
Hannah for one foul
And Sydney Affolter for one foul

We owe them big-time

:cool:

This scenario is almost identical to last year when Indiana came to Carver for the last conference game of the season. Indiana had already secured the B1G title and I believe were ranked #2 in the Nation. Now just in case you have forgotten Caitlin hit a buzzer beater to beat Indiana. Poor Indiana sat in the #1 spot for the B1G tourney. Indiana had a 24 point lead over the bucknuts at halftime and lost the game! Hawks went on to win the B1G tourney! Indiana hosted for the NCAA tourney and promptly got ousted by Miami and their season was over! Hawks went on to the NC game. Can it happen again? Will it happen again? I know 1 thing and that's never to bet against Caitlin when the lights are the brightest. OSU you better not brag to much or history just might repeat itself. GO HAWKS!!!!!

This scenario is almost identical to last year when Indiana came to Carver for the last conference game of the season. Indiana had already secured the B1G title and I believe were ranked #2 in the Nation. Now just in case you have forgotten Caitlin hit a buzzer beater to beat Indiana. Poor Indiana sat in the #1 spot for the B1G tourney. Indiana had a 24 point lead over the bucknuts at halftime and lost the game! Hawks went on to win the B1G tourney! Indiana hosted for the NCAA tourney and promptly got ousted by Miami and their season was over! Hawks went on to the NC game. Can it happen again? Will it happen again? I know 1 thing and that's never to bet against Caitlin when the lights are the brightest. OSU you better not brag to much or history just might repeat itself. GO HAWKS!!!!!

AND, we also remember two years ago when Creighton came into our place and an ex-Hawk torched us for and early disappointing end to the season. Anything can happen so you've always got to be ready!!

It didn't take OSU long to figure out right away that the game in Iowa City was anything but academic!

The Bucky's seemed to get their hate up pretty quickly.......

If there is a rematch this coming Sunday on a neutral floor, it will be quite a game although I'd guess it would be a very pro Hawk crowd!

Evidently ESPN thinks OSU has going to win the BIG Ten tournament. I’ll say it again. Bet on Iowa. If they both make the championship game it’s most likely going to be that the winner gets a number one seed.

Latest posts