Officiating crew tonight

I'm not one to dwell on officiating, ever. But this was unreal, and reading Storm's account reinforced that vibe. Quite simply, we were mugged, repeatedly.

It wont. College bball refs have been pretty terrible for at least 8 years now. Once every few weeks i will see a game like tonight and just not want to watch anymore.

The bad part is 1 of those guys, Paul Jann (sp), is a full time Big Ten ref. The other guy Higgins refs a lot of Big Ten games, although primarily Big 12. So we WILL see these guys again this year and probably several times. I hope they have a short memory or Fran will get a T for looking at them wrong.

All this said, the refs were just pathetic.

The bad part is 1 of those guys, Paul Jann (sp), is a full time Big Ten ref. The other guy Higgins refs a lot of Big Ten games, although primarily Big 12. So we WILL see these guys again this year and probably several times. I hope they have a short memory or Fran will get a T for looking at them wrong.

Higgins is awful. When its bad enough, ill look up the ref stats on some website, cant remember the name of the site. Ive looked up Higgins on multiple occasions

Higgins does Big 12 and MVC games. So if he doesn't do the game Friday night in Ames (and for his sake I hope he doesn't) then Iowa won't see him again.

Can someone find the names of each individuals of the crew?

Here they are:

Bo Boroski - He gave Fran the 1st T
John Higgins - He gave Fran the 2nd T and called in the police
Paul Janssen - I don't know that he called any T's, but I'm sure he's a jerk

Here they are:

Bo Boroski - He gave Fran the 1st T
John Higgins - He gave Fran the 2nd T and called in the police
Paul Janssen - I don't know that he called any T's, but I'm sure he's a jerk

ha ha. nice response

Jansen is from Orange City and i normally think he does a pretty good job. But, i think he has a beef with Fran because he always looks frustrated with him. Just my opinion

Dear lord. In only 17 games before tonight Boroski gave out 8 technicals. This was Higgins 1st (maybe 2nd and 3rd?) I'm not sure who called the T on McCabe. Assume Boroski called both Fran and the bench on the 1st one.

Nothing will happen. Remember that incompetent ******** last year in the Big East Tournament with Rutgers and St Johns?? That f'n Jim Burr was officiating 2 days later

I was looking at some stats, and it looks like refs are doing a lot more games then they were just 7-8 years ago. Most refs were doing 60-70 games a year 10 years ago, now its more like 80-100

I was looking at some stats, and it looks like refs are doing a lot more games then they were just 7-8 years ago. Most refs were doing 60-70 games a year 10 years ago, now its more like 80-100

10 years ago there were 12 refs that did 80+ games. Last year there were 23

The sad thing is this was a tight game until the refs decided to take over. The calls were one sided all night but the second half was especially bad.

I don't know if Iowa would have won the game but it sure would have been close. They played well for most of the night despite the whistles blowing left and right at them.

Latest posts