!*****official u of i @ u of i game thread*****!

If Recinos is allowed to attempt a FG in this game I may blow-up a major city. Probably Moscow. Maybe Beijing. Mexico City is also in the running.

Well I guess it's a good time to start the game thread. Recinos probably won't get another chance this year. :)

I'm confused. Should I post my thoughts about today's game in this thread or in NC Hawker's Iowa-Penn State game thread?

I'm confused. Should I post my thoughts about today's game in this thread or in NC Hawker's Iowa-Penn State game thread?

images

Watch us lose today....

I'm VERY uneasy about this one - cold & windy, empty stadium, a week after one of the biggest upsets of the season and in Iowa history ... It would be so typical of the Hawks under derKirkFeravis to just crap it.

Between the weather and illannoy being the 98th ranked rushing defense, if they do anything but run the damn ball 95% of the time, I swear to God Almighty, I'm dispatching VTHawk to be waiting on derKirkFeravis' doorsteps!

Edit: Oh, and I don't mean run to the frickin' short side, either, there Greg ... get Wadley to edge and punish them with big Daniels off little Daniel's butt!

If they shut down our running game, we lose. Even in ideal conditions we can't pass for more than 100 yards

If Iowa's running game is shut down, it won't be because of the Illini. KF will shut things down coasting on a big 6 point lead.

I'm VERY uneasy about this one - cold & windy, empty stadium, a week after one of the biggest upsets of the season and in Iowa history ... It would be so typical of the Hawks under derKirkFeravis to just crap it.

Between the weather and illannoy being the 98th ranked rushing defense, if they do anything but run the damn ball 95% of the time, I swear to God Almighty, I'm dispatching VTHawk to be waiting on derKirkFeravis' doorsteps!

Edit: Oh, and I don't mean run to the frickin' short side, either, there Greg ... get Wadley to edge and punish them with big Daniels off little Daniel's butt!
If they run spread we are screwed. We don't defense those offenses worth a crap. NW we gave up 38, PSU we gave up what 45?! We did hold Minnesota down but they aren't a good team so...

Is there any outcome, or any score, that could save us a week from reading the same handful of people that post on here complain?

Is there any outcome, or any score, that could save us a week from reading the same handful of people that post on here complain?
No. If we win big they will complain about how it shows we shouldn't have lost other games. I'm not happy about some of the loses, but I've moved on.

Game time weather: 36 degrees with a windchill of 24. Winds will be gusting up to 40 MPH the whole game

Latest posts