*** Official *** Rationalizing Thread

V

VintageHawkeye

Post all rationalizations here, pls. I'll start.

1. Well, when we lose, it's always close; we never get blown out.

2. Would you rather have a fiery spitting hothead making a fool of himself on the sidelines, or Klassy Kirk?

3. We lost a lot of talent to the NFL, what do you expect?

Blitzing will only get you in trouble (of course other teams blitz Iowa successfully all the time).

Our bend but not break defense keeps Iowa in the game...I mean bend and break defense.

Iowa has no sizzle, we only play ONE way. The problem is that the players aren't executing.

Post all rationalizations here, pls. I'll start.

1. Well, when we lose, it's always close; we never get blown out.

2. Would you rather have a fiery spitting hothead making a fool of himself on the sidelines, or Klassy Kirk?

3. We lost a lot of talent to the NFL, what do you expect?

I can rationalize my foot in your ***...

Sorry. This loss really got to me. And the bartender here at the hotel in Minneapolis just ID'd me even though I haven't looked in my 20s for a while....

Iowa cannot get rid of Ferentz because Iowa cannot afford to buy out his lifetime contract. So all KF lovers do not have to worry about anything. He leaves when he wants to leave. We get this type of football until he decides to retire or leave. THIS type of football is what Iowa fans can expect from here on out.

So Ferentz has the upper hand. He can do whatever he wants with Iowa football...unfortunately he is taking the program to the pits but that is HIS choice.

I mean, we're IOWA...we don't have beaches and warm weather, so we're actually doing pretty good.

Iowa cannot get rid of Ferentz because Iowa cannot afford to buy out his lifetime contract. So all KF lovers do not have to worry about anything. He leaves when he wants to leave. We get this type of football until he decides to retire or leave. THIS type of football is what Iowa fans can expect from here on out.

So Ferentz has the upper hand. He can do whatever he wants with Iowa football...unfortunately he is taking the program to the pits but that is HIS choice.

You're kind of doing it wrong, NewMex. :eek:

For 4 million bones a year I'm sure we'd have some options.

You're doing it wrong too, nat. You're supposed to offer canned rationalizations/excuses which let KF and staff off the hook, defeat after miserable defeat.

We can't get rid of Ferentz. We don't want the football team to end up like the basketball team. Remember what happened to Tom Davis?!

We have a self sustaining athletic dept. and tons of money because of the past success of the football program. As fans, winning and titles are meaningless next to this.

Latest posts