***OFFICIAL Iowa vs Baylor NIT Championship game thread***

If Iowa would have only played this well for those crucial games that they lost during the B10 season. (Michigan State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue)..... then we would have been dancing and I think that we would have won our first round game and then probably would have gotten beat in the 2nd round. However, I love this team, Coach Fran, etc.... I'm so happy for them and I hope they kick the crap out of Baylor. Iowa is a more physical team and should win.

Iowa - 76
Baylor - 65

*I do think that the refs will call a tight game with fouls, etc... and this will keep Baylor in the game. If the refs let them play, then Iowa wins by double-digits! :D

that NIT championship banner is sure going to look great hanging from the rafters of CHA

Hang a banner for the NIT, because that's lame. We're definitely winning tonight though and that I do want.

If we win tonight and I were Fran, it would be really really difficult stopping myself from calling out the NCAA committee folk. just sayin

I know they will hang one but I really don't want them to.

Tell that to the Iowa Hawkeye's TEAM..

Stop treating this like a diseased tournament. So you would have rathered the season just end when not picked to the dance?

Think about the big picture. This run could be huge for next year.

Sitting across the street from the garden and I'm ready to go! Lets do this!!!

You lucky devil.....

I believe we have learned from bitter experience how to hold a lead and finish games. This NIT run has done wonders for the team, giving them confidence and determination......

We played the best in the Big Ten very close, except Michigan, and could have won those games with a break of two. Now we can do it.....

It is a good sign that The Smooth One started this thread.....

Hawks Win.....

I hope Gaylord talent doesn't gel tonight or were in for a dog fight. Win or lose this run has been awesome. Cant wait to see May cutting down the nets at the Garden.