Official End of Mike Stoops Debate...

I really wonder if there was any substance to the rumors out there a couple of months ago. Do you think Kirk actually talked to Mike about things or was it just an unfounded internet rumor that grew bigger than it should have?

not heart broken just disappointed as i had hoped we could get some new blood with recruiting ties into the program

They talked

They may have talked and he could have very easily said he had a better offer. I'm sure his salary would be significantly higher at Oklahoma. The recruiting is easier(travel wise, as well as quality of kids you can bring in).

What could Iowa offer him that would be better than Oklahoma?

They may have talked and he could have very easily said he had a better offer. I'm sure his salary would be significantly higher at Oklahoma. The recruiting is easier(travel wise, as well as quality of kids you can bring in).

What could Iowa offer him that would be better than Oklahoma?

Outside of coaching at his alma mater, not much.

56819062.HORSESASS.jpg
So he's good enough to run one of the best programs in the country but he's not good enough for ol' Kirk. Nice.

So he's good enough to run one of the best programs in the country but he's not good enough for ol' Kirk. Nice.

Um, that's not how it goes bub.

Remember Stoops to Ohio State, Stoops to Nebraska, Stoops anywhere he wants to go?

No one wanted Mike Stoops, he didn't have the pick of the liter and he had to go crawling back to his brother, where a) he can't get fired, and b) he can leave without scandal once he gets another head coaching gig.

Any chance Venerbles (sp?) would be not so happy with this move and be looking to move on? It may be at least worth a phone call. He's the better of the two anyway.

Umm, I had to look at date of OP post, 'cause if I'm not mistaken, the network pointed out and showed Mike Stoops a week ago, after the OU/Iowa game ( I'm sure most of you watched), and indicated then that Stoops had accepted a defensive coaching position at OU starting immediately.

Umm, I had to look at date of OP post, 'cause if I'm not mistaken, the network pointed out and showed Mike Stoops a week ago, after the OU/Iowa game ( I'm sure most of you watched), and indicated then that Stoops had accepted a defensive coaching position at OU starting immediately.

I agree but I think that was mostly speculation at that juncture. I believe this is the first official word from major sports media announcing him as taking the job.

I agree but I think that was mostly speculation at that juncture. I believe this is the first official word from major sports media announcing him as taking the job.

i agree with this. they were speculating, and nothing else. didn't say when, what, why or anything else with any certainty.

Thanks, agree. Kind of wondered why there wasn't more talk about it in mainstream. Personally, I wish he joined us, but then now I can still hope for Aiken or Bradley.

Latest posts