Official Barta Statement

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
“I’m so proud of our young men. It’s been a tough season, but the future is very bright with this group.

With the season ending today, I’ll do what I do at the end of every year. I’ll evaluate 2010 and make preparations for next season.â€￾

Yeah, basically. Standard AD talk. I can't remember ever hearing an AD saying "Yeah, he's gone" when asked about a certain coach. You always get the standard stock answer. I'll be staying tuned, that's for sure.

“I’m so proud of our young men. It’s been a tough season, but the future is very bright with this group.

With the season ending today, I’ll do what I do at the end of every year. I’ll evaluate 2010 and make preparations for next season.”

The omission of the coach in the last sentence is telling to me. Normally the last sentence of these types of statements reads

"I'll sit down with Coach Lickliter and his staff in the next few days to evaluate 2010 and make preparations for next season."

Couple that with Lickliter's response to Dolph's question -- That's Barta's decision. I will look out for myself.

Put 2 + 2 together = "He Gone" - Hawk Harrelson

I think someone said earlier that they saw Mrs. Lickliter loading up the station wagon with suitcases and putting a sign in the back windown that read, "Indiana or Bust" but that might have been a rumor.

Latest posts