of course we lost to neb.

BergHawk7

i mean why not, the way this up and down season is going for iowa. i have been afraid of this game for awhile now and it looks like my feelings were right. i honestly see this team becoming what the football team is, where we hang with the good/decent teams, and lose to teams we shouldnt. (ex. camble, neb.) first lost against neb since, what, 1947? wow this stings.

Iowa lead the entire game until about the 4:30 mark in the 2nd half.

Gatens has got to make wide open 3's. He had at least 3 that were absolutely wide open.

Richardson averages 6 ppg but had like 23 because no one would find him on def. That is absolutely ridiculous.

McCabe had another outstanding game as did White. Marble played very well the 2nd half. Basabe was non-existent......again.

McCabe and White are just flat out better players right now than Basabe.

We honestly just need better three point shooters. We need another Horner and Adam huleska (sp)? It seems like we can never make a comeback once we get down.

I don't think Nebraska is capable of playing any better than they did tonight. Certainly Richardson can't play any better. I know our defense isn't very good, but at some point you just miss a shot even when open, but Nebraska hit a ton in a row down the stretch. We just could not get a stop. Felt a lot like the opener against Purdue. So frustrated.

Had to go back and look. From the 8 minute mark until the 0:43 mark Nebraska made 8 straight shots from the field and was 5 of 6 from the FT line. They finally missed on that 3 but got the offensive board and then 4-4 more FTs to finish it off after that.

That just cannot happen, especially on your home court.

Our defense needed a stop, couldn't ever get it. Its very shaky. We don't act we know what to do when there is a screen on the ball. Not the first time I've seen this several times in a game this year. We don't recover well from it, don't act like know what the hell to do with it. Some teams do it differently, but at least have a plan. Have to be able to play some defense, right now we can't on a consistent basis. But, then again, nobody really cares. Most are just worried about the run and gun offense.

Latest posts