Odds on Page going to Iowa

brdeck

After Uthoff picked Wisconsin over Iowa what are the odds of Lin-Mar Marcus Page going to Iowa??????

I would say the odds are the same today as they were yesterday and the day before. We have got a shot for Marcus Paige but he's going to have to like what he sees with Fran's teams.

If Marcus is a top 30 player or so - it's hard to blame him for wanting to go play with other guys at more successful schools. I'll give 5% at best right now (subject to change)

As he continues to do well at the bigger AAU tournaments, I think the odds go down. I do agree with you "Smarthawk" it is going to be a matter of what he sees from Iowa this season. Will he like the style, will he want to be a part of a program on the rise, or will he want that legitimate shot to win a National Championship from Day 1 in his career? I don't think the Uthoff descision has anything to do with what Paige is going to do, they are two different people and play for different schools and AAU teams, they just happen to be from the same state. The biggest difference is this: everyone will be knocking at Paige's door, unlike Uthoff. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

if all these 2012 Iowa kids are so great (which seems to be the consensus) then they should all commit to Iowa and the rebuilding would be complete!

As a rabid Hawkeye fan, I would like to think that a fellow Iowan would be 100% or at least 80+% pro Iowa (Yes, I could almost have dealt with him choosing ISU...almost... over Wiscy), but unfortunately, a 'sure thing' seems to mean more to kids than working hard to rebuild an Iowa team. On the bright side, I truly believe that he made a mistake that he will look back on and say 'WTF was I thinking'...Now, some will bash this post, but really, choosing Wisconsin over Iowa...I am biased, but really???? I wish him luck (just not much....), but am not afraid to admit that I am disappointed (Could you tell?)

I'd like to think that Marcus would be more patient as he is a 12' prospect and has some time to see how Iowa pans out this year. Playing for a NC anywhere is a reach simply because of the odds. So why not get on the court play alot,have some good success and get a good education close to home?
If FM coaches his team as advertized there will be success and it will be fun for players and fans so hopefully that will at least keep him open minded.

Because Fred has all those GM's on speed dial? How did having all those on speed dial work out in getting Uthoff?

Why would the Cyclones want Uthoff? They have Ejim coming in as a freshman who absolutely destroyed the Capital City League, Cook in '11 who is an ESPNU100/Rivals150/etc, and Royce White who can also play the 3. There was no room for Uthoff.

Why would the Cyclones want Uthoff? They have Ejim coming in as a freshman who absolutely destroyed the Capital City League, Cook in '11 who is an ESPNU100/Rivals150/etc, and Royce White who can also play the 3. There was no room for Uthoff.

You tell me, they offered him a scholarship.

I would bet good, good money that Paige will not play for any in-state team. IMO the only two players that will maybe go to either ISU or Iowa from 2012 are Woodbury (who I would bet goes to Iowa) and Staten (who may yet recommit to ISU, but who knows)

Latest posts