Observations: Iowa Comes Up Short in Champaign

Hawks played tough down a starter on the road. A game they clearly beat themselves in. Flush it and move on, that was a game no one had them winning. Just don't let Nebraska beat you this week, please.

Hawks played tough down a starter on the road. A game they clearly beat themselves in. Flush it and move on, that was a game no one had them winning. Just don't let Nebraska beat you this week, please.
Yep, just move on. In the B1G picture of things it will serve as a learning lesson and motivation that helps them in B1G tourney and NCAA tourney.

The lessons learned in a loss stick with you a lot longer than the lessons learned in a win win.

This could be Fran’s best TEAM ever as Iowa head coach. Emphasis on TEAM.

That's frustrating... Missing FTs and bunnies. Not to mention some of the calls/non calls. Between Kofi walking all over the place and fouling left and right and not being called for it I haven't been that riled up in a long time. Yet still had a chance at the end. I feel bad for both Murrays. They'll take this loss way harder than we will.

When most teams lose a starter who averages double figures, it's going to be an uphill battle to win a road game. IMO, Iowa is so deep it hardly had an impact. They could have won that game. It's frustrating, but also will help Iowa refocus IMO. Losing on the road to IL was expected by me, I am pretty happy they split their last 2.

I'm proud of the team and their toughness. It was super disappointing to see the missed free throws and of course the blind referees.

Having said that, I wonder if this team was just plain tired going down the stretch, which could account for some inexplicable misses? They finished with two hard road games, were up a lot in the first half, and seemed to run out of gas. I think the better team may have lost.

That's frustrating... Missing FTs and bunnies. Not to mention some of the calls/non calls. Between Kofi walking all over the place and fouling left and right and not being called for it I haven't been that riled up in a long time. Yet still had a chance at the end. I feel bad for both Murrays. They'll take this loss way harder than we will.

I'm sure they are taking the missed free throws hard but Iowa wouldn't have been in position to be even close in that game without the twins.