Nunge

NorthKCHawk

It sounds like they will do an MRI and go from there. Sure did not look good from the way it happened. Soft tissue knee stuff tends to happen from very non-descript contact. Let's pray its just a sprain or something.

If it is bad news, it's not only a blow to our chances this season, but its even worse for next year. We may need to look seriously at the transfer market to bolster the center position. Let's hope not.

Hoping for the best but it sure didn't look good. It just looked awkward and unnatural. The more something looks like that the worse I feel about it.

I've been saying all along Fran will need to aggressively recruit the transfer market for a center after this season...maybe even 2 for that matter. He certainly has a lot to sell. After seeing how Garza developed during his 4 years at Iowa, what young center with a year of successful D-1 experience would NOT want to come to Iowa. Fran needs to strike while the iron is hot. Losing Nunge this year is a big blow, no doubt.

I saw how he injured himself, I'm pretty sure he won't be back to himself the way we saw him all season long. Leg injuries are no laughing matter at all. If Jack has faith in the size of a mountain and he can move the mountain., that's for sure.

You just wonder how many times a kid wants to put himself through the grind of rehab. It is just a mystery of sports, but some guys never get hurt and some have glass chins, or knees or whatever.

So snakebit.....Lester's knee....Jack's leg....etc.
It's another shit sandwich for a good guy, but don't equate losing him to Lester....or Street, or Thompson. He was the third player off the bench. We will miss his defense and rebounding but mostly it sounds like your trying to jam a square narrative into a round hole. Its the same as people saying we turtle everytime the spotlight is bright. We had just come off a four game winnng streak which included convincing wins in historically tough venues.

It's another shit sandwich for a good guy, but don't equate losing him to Lester....or Street, or Thompson. He was the third player off the bench. We will miss his defense and rebounding but mostly it sounds like your trying to jam a square narrative into a round hole. Its the same as people saying we turtle everytime the spotlight is bright. We had just come off a four game winnng streak which included convincing wins in historically tough venues.
Definitely not a Lester....but could lead to an early exit from the NCAAs with a loss in depth. Breslin and Cheese most certainly hard places to play, but both are not the same teams they typically are this year (though MSU is coming on at the moment). Iowa still has not won on the Big Stage this year....other than maybe Carolina and they are also not the same team this year.

That sucks, but a torn meniscus is usually a lot better than a torn ACL. Lots of wrestlers get a torn meniscus during the season and are able to keep wrestling until the season ends, if they can stand the pain. Of course, wrestlers aren't 7 ft tall and running with all that weight up and down the court, either. But I'm guessing he'll be able to rehab this no problem and be ready to go for a killer season in 2022 when he'll be 'the man' inside.

Feel sorry for the kid obviously body is damaged goods especially to go through a Big season. However eventually the pounding even caught up with the great Bill Walton although be it when he got to the pros. Point well taken with the comment of how much can he stand having to go through the rehab stuff again he may do some off season soul searching on this.

It really sucks as we could have weathered the storm at most positions, but man center is the one that really matters. Our drop off after Nunge is severe.

I feel so bad for Jack. Having already torn his ACL and then losing his father he at least had basketball to get him through. Now he suffers another knee injury and is out for the year. The guy can't catch a break. I enjoy watching him play and he's a good kid so I hope he fully recovers and can get back out there for our sake but more importantly for his.

I'm guessing Patrick Mc will get more minutes then... Kris Murray or Ogendele better be ready to step-up!

Latest posts