Nunge Looked Good

ssckelley

First of all I'm impressed how well he played in his first game back. It had to be a struggle for him to just take the court after losing his dad. At first he looked a little timid but by the end of the game he was turning into a beast.

Is it just me or are we seeing some Garza in Nunge? It looks like he muscled up and has that extra gear we see from Garza. He is gonna be fun to watch the next few years. I think he has 2 years of eligibility left after this season.

Agree - he looked smooth, quick, controlled = 'fluid'. He's more athletic than Kreiner - who always gave great effort. Impressive for Nunge, coming off of 2yrs+ of essentially not playing and family tragedy.

My question - what really is Hawks' best lineup?? Unless JBo is dropping bombs, he's still a huge defensive liability and can't beat anyone off dribble. CMac = ball handler, JoeT is a changeup, JoeW, Frederick, PMac, Nunge can all shoot/slash and any of these combo's make Hawks a very long team

Agree he really did look good. I also think his game compliments Garza noticeably better then either Kreiner or Cooks did recently. He's longer then them has gotten stronger and can shoot. He and Garza can have a nice inside out 2 man game going at times. I mean what team can guard just one of them let alone both at once?

It'll be an interesting thing to see how Fran juggles PT for everyone. What's his strategy for taking advantage of mismatches. Because Garza isn't the only one we have that can present some. This next couple weeks are going to be huge!!!!

Agree - he looked smooth, quick, controlled = 'fluid'. He's more athletic than Kreiner - who always gave great effort. Impressive for Nunge, coming off of 2yrs+ of essentially not playing and family tragedy.

My question - what really is Hawks' best lineup?? Unless JBo is dropping bombs, he's still a huge defensive liability and can't beat anyone off dribble. CMac = ball handler, JoeT is a changeup, JoeW, Frederick, PMac, Nunge can all shoot/slash and any of these combo's make Hawks a very long team
Defensively I like the two Joe’s. McCaff, and Garza and.Nunge both back protecting the rim especially in a zone defense against quick talented teams.

Offensively pretty much the same team but I would swap Frederick in place of McCaff.

I thought he looked good. I was pleasantly surprised at how good. But he is 4 years removed from high school. He’s a full grown man.

I thought he looked good. I was pleasantly surprised at how good. But he is 4 years removed from high school. He’s a full grown man.
Like a mormon that goes on a two year mission then comes back as a 23 year old junior. Wisconsin's Derrell Bevell was like that. He took them to the 1994 Rose Bowl after returning from a mission. By the time his athletic eligibility ended he may have been close to thirty for all I know.

And when he stepped out on the court he looked like a full grown man. We haven’t seen much of Nunge the past 2 years and he’s still got 2 years of eligibility remaining. He’s gonna be fun to watch.

I'm tickled for the kid to get out and run. Poor bastard hasn't in the last 2 years. He's going to contribute nicely as the season goes on. He wants to play, so he's rehabbed and filled out. You can tell it's paid off.

I think Nunge is shaping up to be a real key to this season. Another 7 footer who can run, play in the post, rebound, and shoot the three. Wow. His body looks great...and man, I was surprised at how confident he was. No hesitation what so ever...just the old, this is how I roll approach.

Let's face it...if you are going against Garza in practice...and not getting destroyed...you have got to have built up a ton of strength. Garza's lower body is incredible and the leverage he plays with to get position is crazy. Nunge isn't going to be pushed around by anyone.

I'm hoping he stays healthy and truly gets the opportunity to show what he can do.

Latest posts