Now the real question....

How in the world did those guys lose 14 games? In that conference? Wow, they legitimately have 3 quality NBA'ers on that team. That coach should be fired for wasting that talent!

Great season Hawks, fighting to the very end. But in the end, the achilles heel of having an opponent that is athletic, long, with a great point guard (sound familiar, Michigan?) showed up and we got torched again.

I really like what happened here though, even though I wanted the Hawks to win. We all were thinking throughout this tournament that we were snubbed in the NCAA and that we had put it all together finally. And we did to some degree, but, had we played BYU instead and beaten them soundly we would all have an over-inflated view on the team, as well as the players rest-assured.

Basically, sometimes it doesn't hurt to get your azz kicked for you to know how good you are. I bet the Hawks work on this stuff in the offseason and come out firing even better. We know we are good, although not great.

See you next year!

How did they lose that many games? Because they're a MEDIOCRE team. They are beating teams in the NIT, all the teams in the NIT are mediocre.

Their record is certainly mediocre, but their talent is not. Jackson was sensational, and the two bigs played great as well. Looks like to me that actually decided to play defense for once as their defensive numbers were much worse than this.

I doubt Baylor played a team in the big 12 with as poor PG play as us. Guys literally were afraid to put the ball on the floor for fear of getting ripped. Not having a big ten caliber PG on the team hurts us against teams who play in your jock D and dare you to drive past them. If it were flag football, we could not have gotten close enough to Jackson to pull his flag off half the night. Slow of foot at too many positions.

The announcers did make one good point tonight. Baylor felt pressure early on this year. When they played without pressure in the nit they looked like an NBA team. Fadeaway jumpers by 7’1ers as shot clock expires every other time down the court. Would’ve been nice to shoot north of 26% though.

Didn't miss you, badger. Baylor shot 15/23 in the second half, 3/7 from 3. I would guess they lost 14 games because they spent a lot of time shooting worse than they did tonight.

How did they lose that many games? Because they're a MEDIOCRE team. They are beating teams in the NIT, all the teams in the NIT are mediocre.

Teams that lose in the first round of the NCAA to a below average 12 seed are just as mediocre. Baylor > Ole Miss > Wisconsin.

Baylor has way to much talent to have lost 14 games against mostly less talented competition, thats the point genius.

They're a mediocre team with elite talent. They're coach is garbage.

Because they were an coachable team and they played every game at home in the NIT. They are not that good, Iowa shot like crap. If we shoot like we did at UVA we win that game. It amazes me how we shoot so well one night and choke the next.

I was not overly impressed with the Baylor defense. Of course, they were able to get by without a good one, because Iowa attempted 69 baskets while making 18. Iowa had more offensive rebounds than did Baylor, but failed to put back most all of them. One might complain of the mistakes by various players, but the teams' greatest shortcoming is their inability to score when they shoot. The name of the game is basketball.

The point is they are a mediocre team, that has outstanding individual talent. The current Baylor team has more NBA draft picks on it than Bo Ryan has had in his entire coaching career.

BTW Vadger, that isn't a knock against Wisky, as they don't produce NBA player, but still have very good teams. This is much better than producing a lot of NBA players, and not having good teams.

Ole Miss was very, very mediocre team also. Maryland, Virginia, Baylor, Kentucky, and Iowa were all better teams. How'd that turn out for ya?

Latest posts