Notre dame

Hope they beat OSU and Duke in their next couple of games.

They'll probably do that and then lose to Canisius.

I guess one victory against a team who lost to North Dakota State at home sets a trend, doesn't it champ?

Iowa didn't close out Xavier either, I guess.

Iowa has blown two games against two teams and won two close games, the only reason you have your panties in a wad is because it was ISU. You would be upset, but not being a whiner if it was against anyone else.

Two years ago, Iowa won close games, last year they didn't, they have split on four of them so far...not the end of the world.

Iowa didn't close out Xavier either, I guess.

Iowa has blown two games against two teams and won two close games, the only reason you have your panties in a wad is because it was ISU. You would be upset, but not being a whiner if it was against anyone else.

Two years ago, Iowa won close games, last year they didn't, they have split on four of them so far...not the end of the world.

Another solid argument using a team who went 0-3 in Atlantis, and got embarrassed by USC and Tennessee. Maybe I should have been more clear. It would be nice if Iowa could finish off GOOD teams. Additionally, who is whining? I simply stated a fact using all of last year and the results so far this year as evidence, and you obviously disagree with it. You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

Another solid argument using a team who went 0-3 in Atlantis, and got embarrassed by USC and Tennessee. Maybe I should have been more clear. It would be nice if Iowa could finish off GOOD teams. Additionally, who is whining? I simply stated a fact using all of last year and the results so far this year as evidence, and you obviously disagree with it. You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

Whatever, it is a whiny statement...geez, wish we could do this against a team...no kidding, thanks Captain Obvious and again it is so original.

When Iowa starts losing games they are favored in, I may start having issues because that happened with regularity for a period of time. Iowa is a team that is going to the NCAA tournament, they look the part and happened to lose a game on the road in a fashion that is frustrating, that is it.

I can use whatever teams, Xavier is not a bad team, sometimes teams have bad stretches, oh probably not, what was I thinking. Michigan finished 5th and lost in the first round of BTT, but they probably weren't good and made it to the title game last year. We can use all the examples we want, but you and I probably won't see it the same and that is okay.

Whatever, it is a whiny statement...geez, wish we could do this against a team...no kidding, thanks Captain Obvious and again it is so original.

U mad bro? Okay then, I wish we wouldn't be able to finish off good teams. Feel better?

Funny you provide another great example. Michigan finished 5th in the B1G and was like 4th in the country a week before the B1G tournament and also had the National Player of the year. So yeah, "they probably weren't any good".

U mad bro? Okay then, I wish we wouldn't be able to finish off good teams. Feel better?

Funny you provide another great example. Michigan finished 5th in the B1G and was like 4th in the country a week before the B1G tournament and also had the National Player of the year. So yeah, "they probably weren't any good".

Your counterpoints have been Iowa hasn't played anyone good, or closed out anyone who is good. I brought up a team that went through some rough stretches last year and went to the title game, who did they beat last year in conference play who finished better than them? Seriously, who and that was with the POY. Good teams can struggle to put opponents away and come out better for it. UM didn't win any close games, save one, prior to the NCAA tournament, even though they were in a bunch of them. It can happen to any team, plain and simple. Iowa will be in the NCAA tournament and it all comes down to match-ups from there. I am not putting Iowa on the same level as UM last year because they aren't.

Your counterpoints have been Iowa hasn't played anyone good, or closed out anyone who is good. I brought up a team that went through some rough stretches last year and went to the title game, who did they beat last year in conference play who finished better than them? Seriously, who and that was with the POY. Good teams can struggle to put opponents away and come out better for it. UM didn't win any close games, save one, prior to the NCAA tournament, even though they were in a bunch of them. It can happen to any team, plain and simple. Iowa will be in the NCAA tournament and it all comes down to match-ups from there. I am not putting Iowa on the same level as UM last year because they aren't.

...and the ability to close teams out. Michigan was like 27-4 until the mini-collapse at the end of the regular season. As soon as Iowa makes the top 5 let me know, and we can rehash this.

...and the ability to close teams out. Michigan was like 27-4 until the mini-collapse at the end of the regular season. As soon as Iowa makes the top 5 let me know, and we can rehash this.

They won't have to be top 5 to make the NCAA tournament, or knock off some teams they aren't supposed to. I think Iowa can win every conference home game, the MSU one being the most difficult though. Not losing games they are supposed to win is what will get them in the NCAA tournament. Playing in a power conference, winning all, or most of the home games and not having bad losses on the road gets them in and Iowa won't be top 5 this year; apparently you missed my last sentence. Didn't UM lose at PSU last year; quality loss there?

They won't have to be top 5 to make the NCAA tournament, or knock off some teams they aren't supposed to. I think Iowa can win every conference home game, the MSU one being the most difficult though. Not losing games they are supposed to win is what will get them in the NCAA tournament. Playing in a power conference, winning all, or most of the home games and not having bad losses on the road gets them in and Iowa won't be top 5 this year; apparently you missed my last sentence. Didn't UM lose at PSU last year; quality loss there?

Didn't say they would have to be. You're the one comparing Iowa's chances to what Michigan did last year, and saying they "weren't any good" because they finished 5th in the league. I merely pointed out that that yes, they finished 5th in the league, but were ranked in the top 5 right before the BTT (and #1 and one point in the year, if I'm not mistaken), all the while being lead by the Player of the Year. A few variables that Iowa doesn't have. Remember, Iowa barely made it out of Happy Valley alive last year too. Two point win, wasn't it? I'm to lazy to look it up.

Latest posts