Note to Michigan St....Iowa is better than when you first played them

Way to let the cat out of the bag Ahole. I was hoping they would take us lightly since they destroyed us last time.

Way to let the cat out of the bag Ahole. I was hoping they would take us lightly since they destroyed us last time.
Man, if I can take care of business against the Big Ten Elites coming up.......no question this would be Fran's best team at Iowa.

Pretty sure this at least matches Iowa’s best start under Fran. Gonna be some huge games down the stretch.

Yep as far as overall 19 game record goes it matches the 2015-2016 team. They do have some work to do to match the 20-5 record that team eventually had before the wheels came off.

I think michigan state is down a player or two, but they absolutely man handled Iowa in east Lansing. If we cant match that level of intensity and physicality, the typical Fran team folds last in the first half. I am as hopeful as anyone for a win, but there is no doubt it will be tough sledding

If they shoot the way they did tonight they can beat anybody, but they won't be able to take a play off and everyone and I mean everyone, has to bring their A game.

This is going to be a huge game for Iowa. If they were to somehow pull this one out it would be the first nail in locking down Iowa's NCAA tournament bid.

I think we win, but you're definitely right about getting screwed by Izzo and his employees.
You know, I have witnessed this live and I still do not understand how he gets away with his behavior. He walks on the court all the time, is out of his coaches box, just manipulates the refs, even away from home.Just amazing. .

I just hope the Hawks didn't blow the wad with the hot shooting today, leaving us clanking next game....
They could have shot 40% today and won by 10.

Regarding the headline: perhaps, but giving up 17 offensive rebounds to undersized Illinois is not exactly encouraging.

You know, I have witnessed this live and I still do not understand how he gets away with his behavior. He walks on the court all the time, is out of his coaches box, just manipulates the refs, even away from home.Just amazing. .

Called good coaching he knows when to get on the officials. Fran is improving on that I felt like in the marble/white days Fran would get a T at the worst possible time in the game. He’s getting real good at when to get on officials and even his players!

I just hope the Hawks didn't blow the wad with the hot shooting today, leaving us clanking next game....
They could have shot 40% today and won by 10.
We're shooting well because we're passing well. And Wiescamp has good basketball instincts on how to get open.

Obviously Michigan State is not Penn State or Illinois, but we could easily have a hot shooting night again and still lose. Hall of Fame level coaches have seen a thing or two and know how to find other ways to win. We will have to stay with them on the boards and be dilligent about getting back on defense for a win.

It's an art, like selling cars or selling insurance or selling furniture. He pressures without giving the impression of pressuring. Next thing you know the whistles are swallowed and the officials are in his pocket. And he gets that signature "Izzo smirk" on his face