Not a good team

Especially when Rutgers called us out after we stole the victory on their court and they came and backed up that talk. That’s beyond SAD and Disturbing!!
This is a team of fair Big 10 talent that has overachieved. If they get an NCAA bid, it’s one and done as per usual. Until McCaffrey and staff start to recruit legitimate Div. 1 Big Ten talent, long, quick., talented with true Div. 1 point guards, the Hawks can generally be no better than the middle of the pack

. You can thank Barta for keeping McCaffrey around longer than he should have been. He should have been fired 2 to 3 years ago. And next year we’ll have a 3rd McCaffrey and another average team. P.S. why redshirt two recent recruits who are not equipped to play in the Big10? Why the hell recruit kids that are not legitimate Div.1...Big 10 talent from the get go? What other Big 10 teams redshirt their new recruit? Absurd and astonishing!

Iowa basketball under Fran sucks. Always has and always will. But hey let’s gice him another extension.

Well, we're adding a quick point guard next year. Unfortunately, he's 5'7.

Honestly, I'm ok with that. Despite the size, he brings a skill set with him that is unique to the roster. I've gone on record here over and over, but my problem isn't necessarily the guys Fran brings in, but the fact that almost all our recruits fit a specific mold. We don't need a roster made of clones that all do essentially the same thing. I think that in and of itself is the biggest issue. When essentially all our players have the same skill set and similar game, if you can find success stopping one position there's a good chance you've got a recipe to shut down them all.

This is a team of fair Big 10 talent that has overachieved. If they get an NCAA bid, it’s one and done as per usual. Until McCaffrey and staff start to recruit legitimate Div. 1 Big Ten talent, long, quick., talented with true Div. 1 point guards, the Hawks can generally be no better than the middle of the pack

. You can thank Barta for keeping McCaffrey around longer than he should have been. He should have been fired 2 to 3 years ago. And next year we’ll have a 3rd McCaffrey and another average team. P.S. why redshirt two recent recruits who are not equipped to play in the Big10? Why the hell recruit kids that are not legitimate Div.1...Big 10 talent from the get go? What other Big 10 teams redshirt their new recruit? Absurd and astonishing!
This isn’t probably the dumbest post I’ve read this year... and suprise suprise it’s from a new poster at a time where Iowa is struggling.

You say one and done per usual, although two of Fran’s three tournament teams won in the first round. We will add that to a +1 for your stupidity score.

You say Iowa should have fired Fran two or three years ago?... is that like when we just had come off three strait tournaments or the year after when we narrowly missed it with a super young team?

Jack Nunge isn’t equipped to play in the B1G? That’s going to prove to be a really dumb statement.

Go away

Last edited:
I’m sorry did I miss us going to the sweet 16 at least once in the last 8 seasons? He has some valid points . This program is a shitbox.

giphy.gif

Latest posts