Norm's last year maybe?

BigD

I've been a long time poster over on Hawk Central pretty much since it's inception. You get a good feel during that much time who the legit posters are and who are the off the cuff posters, flamers, and trolls. I try to just ignor them at all cost. Anyways one of the most dependable posters over there over the years is a former players who has came out with inside info that isn't even on most forums. He has been incredibly accurate. He says he is hearing strong talk that Norm will step aside after this season and take an advisory role and that Mike Stoops is being mentioned as his replacement. It might not pan out but it is food for thought. Sorry if I expressed anger and disappointment over the loss today in some of the threads but losing to Minnesota was overwhelming and I am claiming temporary insanity. Let's pull an upset on Michigan Saturday. Go Hawks! Sorry if this subject has already been discussed. Working seven days a week makes it difficult to keep up with.

Great coach. Great person. But he is sick. His body has no energy. His defense plays with no emotion.

It is time to retire Coach

He deserves to write his own ticket out of Iowa (whenever that might be) but something has to change and, right now, the D stands out as needing it the most.

Defense is bad this year and I didnt think it was great last year

But quite honestly if you want to give credit tot he success of this program over the years...

Norm Parker might be teh #1 reason

Defense is bad this year and I didnt think it was great last year

But quite honestly if you want to give credit tot he success of this program over the years...

Norm Parker might be teh #1 reason

No doubt! Over the years it was our defense that kept us in so many games. If Norm does step aside I take my hat off to him and sincerely say thank you for all the great defenses over the years.

Last edited:
I have heard rumors on the local sports talk shows like this one. I have been a supporter of Norm's all along. But because of his health issues, it is my understand he is not as hands on as he has been in the past. I know he has not coached special teams in years and it really shows.

I agree he has earned the right to step aside on his own terms but something with the defense really does need to change since KF and KOK don't get it that we need to win games this season with our offense.

The defense will more than likely be worse next year so I say hell get out before the real hate and disrespect comes from the fans. I think people would cope better if we have a new young guy come in with some fire.

I would not be surprised to see Norm retire. He has been a great coach and will go down as one of the best in Iowa's history. Time will tell on this one...

I think it would be great if he could stick around in some sort of advisory role. Whoever replaces him needs to be a good recruiter.

I just don't like people who put themselves before the team. Don't like players do it. Don't like when coaches do it.

I think it does hurt to not have Norm on the sidelines. However, this year the Hawks are severely limited in personnel, which I can't put on Norm.

That being said, this game (and the Penn State game) was lost because of an offense that could not score points. Giving up 22 against Minnesota shouldn't lead to a loss. The Gophers have scored that many points this year against others, so I'm not laying this loss all on the defense. It's the Iowa offense that has been lousy in close games.

He deserves to write his own ticket out of Iowa (whenever that might be) but something has to change and, right now, the D stands out as needing it the most.
Norm's done a good job for Iowa, but he's no Joe Paterno ... if he's coming up short, he needs to retire

Mose. Spot on. Hawkinn3 we have an excellent OL and a very good O (KF and KOK).
Homes. MN only put up that many points against FCS teams. Our D is no better than an FCS D. What dont you understand about that? 21 points should have been enough (even thou the O left so so many more points out there).

Latest posts