No Welch, maybe Amani Jones at middle lbkr

uihawk82

We need some heft and strength there. Some aggression. PSU I thought did a pretty good job against Minny's rush game but got ate up against the pass. Hawks cant let Minny run the ball like Wisky did which will be slow death for the hawks. Could this work? Other posters have said maybe P Parker needs to try some new rush angles with the defensive line.

do we not have barrington wade or someone that could step in? i mean, this is a bit ridiculous that we struggle so much with our backups.

do we not have barrington wade or someone that could step in? i mean, this is a bit ridiculous that we struggle so much with our backups.

I forgot about Wade and maybe some other players. I havent specifically focused in on Doyle but I have read others who have and I have noticed a few times where he didnt fill a gap. But I also do not know if P Parker wants his linebackers getting up in gaps right away and getting caught in the wash or staying back and reading the running back.

I've proposed this idea in a couple of other threads, but I wouldn't want him for the entire game. Too many mental errors to be reliable.

However, when you know that your opponent is going to try to run out the clock, as with the last couple of drives against PSU and Wisconsin, THEN I think you definitely consider it. Replace Reiff with either Schulte or Nixon, and replace Boyd with Jones. The benefit is worth the risk there. We were owned in both situations and the offense never got the chance to pull either game out. Let Jones play downhill.

I've proposed this idea in a couple of other threads, but I wouldn't want him for the entire game. Too many mental errors to be reliable.

However, when you know that your opponent is going to try to run out the clock, as with the last couple of drives against PSU and Wisconsin, THEN I think you definitely consider it. Replace Reiff with either Schulte or Nixon, and replace Boyd with Jones. The benefit is worth the risk there. We were owned in both situations and the offense never got the chance to pull either game out. Let Jones play downhill.

Yes, maybe a situational playing time is a better idea.

Latest posts