No OSU game

Liestikow on twitter said the team hasn't travelled yet. No harm, no foul.

No use in getting somebody and their family killed trying to get to the game.

Iowa catching a bit of a break there.
Yes, physical double OT game, long flight back, then turn around and get on another plane for a decent flight. Get their legs back under them.

An ideal scenario would be to combine the make up with the Maryland or Michigan trip and avoid coming back to Iowa City all together.

The difference between this game and Wisconsin at Illinois, where the weather is just as bad, is that the Badger team was able to get to Champaign last evening before the storm. So that game is still on but heaven help you if you are driving in from any distance.

Two historical notes. Last year's OSU game in Iowa City was played on a blizzard day, almost one year to the day. OSU's bus got stuck on the hill outside Carver trying to get back to the hotel after morning shoot around. One OSU player said it bonded the team. Whatever it did Ohio State won that night.

In 1979 the home game with Indiana was pushed back from Saturday to Sunday despite the fact that Indiana was in town. I-80 was closed from the Mississippi River to west of Des Moines and National Guard troops were activated to assist stranded motorists.

That was a long winter. I was in eighth grade and we barely had a basketball season. And they didn't cancel school then like they do now. Otherwise we would have been making up snow days into July.

Hopefully Fran was able to put another log on the fire, dial up some Crown Royal on the rocks, tune in Purdue vs Minnesota and observe how the Boilers sliced and diced them up.

Iowa gets a random B1G game cancelled in season, mark your BINGO card. It feels like this has happened once a year since the pillar fell at that shithole in Bloomington.

Iowa-Ohio State Men’s Basketball Postponed

IOWA CITY, Iowa --
The University of Iowa men’s basketball game at No 16 Ohio State scheduled for tonight in Columbus, Ohio, has been postponed due to travel cancellations and inclement weather in Columbus.

Both teams will work with the Big Ten Conference on a potential date to reschedule the game.

Iowa is next scheduled to compete on Sunday against Minnesota at 3:30 p.m. inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Tickets are available for purchase at hawkeyesports.com/tickets.

Hopefully Fran was able to put another log on the fire, dial up some Crown Royal on the rocks, tune in Purdue vs Minnesota and observe how the Boilers sliced and diced them up.
Ivey is playing out of his mind right now. That can’t be replicated by anybody on the Iowa team.

We think the Hawks dodged a bullet because of tired legs, but when they sandwich this bitch at the end of the year and Iowa has to Go to TOSU, to IL and to Michigan the last week of the regular season, we're all gonna feel differently.

Hopefully, Fran uses the extra practice time to workout a new starting line-up and different rotation patterns. This team has the talent to play with anyone, but a rather thin margin of error in getting the right guys in at the right time. So far, Fran is not pulling the right strings, IMHO.

We think the Hawks dodged a bullet because of tired legs, but when they sandwich this bitch at the end of the year and Iowa has to Go to TOSU, to IL and to Michigan the last week of the regular season, we're all gonna feel differently.
Yup. And that’s exactly how it will play out. Anything worse than a 9-8 record at that point and its NIT unless we pull off a great BTT run

Agree with the potential end-of-season gauntlet, altho, truth, I don't think they dodged anything. More like, ducked on the first pass of the boomerang ;-)
An L is still an L whether now or later.

Hopefully, Fran uses the extra practice time to workout a new starting line-up and different rotation patterns. This team has the talent to play with anyone, but a rather thin margin of error in getting the right guys in at the right time. So far, Fran is not pulling the right strings, IMHO.
Uh, no.

Agree with the potential end-of-season gauntlet, altho, truth, I don't think they dodged anything. More like, ducked on the first pass of the boomerang ;-)
An L is still an L whether now or later.
I don't disagree with you - Iowa isn't likely winning at TOSU today or next month. I chalk up all road games as L's cause I think I am being realistic. Probably drastic on my end but same side of the coin, let's be real, this was a 5 point spread... it isn't a insurmountable task.

Iowa gets a random B1G game cancelled in season, mark your BINGO card. It feels like this has happened once a year since the pillar fell at that shithole in Bloomington.
Does anyone remember Iowa ever getting a game cancelled due to weather? I remember vividly driving through snowstorms and being at a nearly empty Carver many times, that being said it would have most likely been a bad loss, does anyone know if Iowa shares any bye weekends with OSU?