No. 15 IU Awaits Iowa Basketball

Schifino is playing out of his mind right now. TJD recently has sacrificed a lot of his game to do the dirty work, so I assume he is licking his chops for Iowa to come in, so he can go off. Not expecting them to win this, but making this competitive is my only interest. Beating Nebraska and going 11-9 in conference play is my focus.

Last edited:
If this game was in IC, I'd give Hawks a 50/50 shot because Indy has also been a little schizo on the road, as well as alternating W's & L's over last few games. That Indy is heading back home in a revenge game ... pretty much a guaranteed L.

Hoping Hawks look competitive and competent rather than usual embarassing discombulation on the road.

I got Indiana 95, Iowa 82.

Iowa has done very little on the road of late to offer any hope that they can win this game. My only point of optimism is that maybe the MSU game has given them some serious confidence in shooting beyond the arc and pulling off wins that they should not. This is a weird time of year and you never know what is going to spark a team to go on a streaky run. Could it be an awkward 30 second stare down?

The only hope I see is that Murray needs to get an efficient 24 and someone else (Perkins or Sanford) needs to do the same. I don't see us winning on the road absent two guys having big nights offensively and then everyone else chipping in.

Make your open shots, play some decent D, we have a puncher's chance. Of we flail again with open looks, won't work.

Whatever happens, if we're down at the end of the game don't start fouling.

That shit NEVER works.

Looks like we're 5.5 point dogs tonight...

To be honest I'm not expecting a win (it'd be awesome if we did), and if we can cover that on the road at Assembly Hall I'd be pretty impressed.

Um, we might have kind of won a big game too this weekend....

:)
I appreciate your sentiment but ...
... sweeping your in-state rival, which happens to be a top 5 team (in every poll or ranking system), on the road ...
... having an epic, exciting comeback win against a traditional power, which happens to be having a relatively down year, is not even receiving any votes in polls and outside the top 30 in most ranking systems, in front of your home-court packed house ...

Hey, I'm with you in which one I enjoyed more but would have to disagree with you on which one was "big".

Jackson-Davis and Race Thompson always seem to play well against the Hawks. Hawks need to shoot the 3-ball like Sparty did Saturday....oh, nevermind that...Sparty lost!