Nicholas Law Commits to Iowa

why? why not a big tall safety that can run and hit and has hands?

I don't think he is a Laron Landry type of athlete. Landry (LSU, Redskins) is a safety in a backer body. I think Law is more of a Jeff Tarpinian type of athlete. A fast, agressive football player that likes to mix it up. I know Tarp has had injury issues, but he would have been amazing this year had he stayed healthy. He was pegged as the starter above Hunter before an injury two years ago. I see Law filling this same path but hopefully without the injuries.

Imagine that athleticism of that LB corps in three years with Morris, DiBona and Law. Forget the SEC, Iowa could outrun any linebacker grouping in the country.

why? why not a big tall safety that can run and hit and has hands?

Because these guys always end up going to LB when they come to Iowa. Remember Iowa's backers need to cover like safeties. I would predict he ends up at WILL. On top of that, he is basically playing backer in these films.

Watching that video I was thinking LB too. He moves through traffic really well and was laying some hits. Add another 40 or 50 lbs and he could be a force.

I don't think he is a Laron Landry type of athlete. Landry (LSU, Redskins) is a safety in a backer body. I think Law is more of a Jeff Tarpinian type of athlete. A fast, agressive football player that likes to mix it up. I know Tarp has had injury issues, but he would have been amazing this year had he stayed healthy. He was pegged as the starter above Hunter before an injury two years ago. I see Law filling this same path but hopefully without the injuries.

Imagine that athleticism of that LB corps in three years with Morris, DiBona and Law. Forget the SEC, Iowa could outrun any linebacker grouping in the country.

Don't forget about Kirksey, He's gonna be a good one.

Latest posts