NFL Fanhouse: Greene No. 2 key player this weekend

tweeterhawk

Dirty Dozen: 12 to Watch on Championship Sunday -- NFL FanHouse

2. Shonn Greene, RB, Jets: Another of those little factoids: If Greene rushes for 100 yards in Indianapolis, he will be the first player to do it in his first three playoff games. And if he rushes for 100 yards, the Jets have a very good chance of upsetting the Colts. Greene shows one of the fallacies of the NFL's scouting combine, which is held in Indy -- he ran a 4.6-plus 40-yard dash. That dropped him to the third round, because too many teams forget how a guy plays against other teams in pads and put too much stock in how fast he runs in shorts. In a straight line. Note: Jerry Rice also ran a 4.6 40.

Good point. I didn't see anyone gaining on him last Sunday. How fast is he? Fast enough to get in the end zone!

I Loved watching those guy's try to catch him.It almost seems like he's laughing the whole time watching himself on the big screen run away from people...

I love this line:

"Greene shows one of the fallacies of the NFL's scouting combine, which is held in Indy -- he ran a 4.6-plus 40-yard dash. That dropped him to the third round, because too many teams forget how a guy plays against other teams in pads and put too much stock in how fast he runs in shorts. In a straight line."

Gangreene is one of those backs who flattens guys and bursts into the open. I said at the time the Jets got a steal taking him in the third round.

Hope he has a chance to renegotiate at the end of the season.

Latest posts