Next year's home/away games

All I care is they are coming to Lincoln so I can drive an hour to see em instead of 4. WOOT!

The B1G has released the home and away games for the 18/19 season.

IOWA

Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan
Away: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041918aae.html

Is there a formula that is followed to "keep this fair?" It all seems so mysteriously unknown until they announce it. There is enough stability in the league now that I would imagine they are following a formula of some sort.

Is there a formula that is followed to "keep this fair?" It all seems so mysteriously unknown until they announce it. There is enough stability in the league now that I would imagine they are following a formula of some sort.

First priority is whatever Izzo wants.

I don’t mind the draw actually, not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest. My first guess would think 11-9 is reasonable if Cook returns.

I don’t mind the draw actually, not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest. My first guess would think 11-9 is reasonable if Cook returns.

11-9 would get us to the dance, assuming a successful pre-conference record.

Given that we're going to a 20 game B1G schedule, that leaves prolly 11 non-conference gms. Play Ia. st and UNI this yr plus some cupcakes. UConn, Ore and 'Cuse await- we will play 2 of those 3. What win-lost record constitutes a good non-conf record? I'm thinking we better go at least 8-3 to salvage the year. It was lost last yr after the non- confer! {8-5}

Given that we're going to a 20 game B1G schedule, that leaves prolly 11 non-conference gms. Play Ia. st and UNI this yr plus some cupcakes. UConn, Ore and 'Cuse await- we will play 2 of those 3. What win-lost record constitutes a good non-conf record? I'm thinking we better go at least 8-3 to salvage the year. It was lost last yr after the non- confer! {8-5}
They would need to win them all to make the NCAA tournament with a 9-11 conference record.

I just don't see the NCAA in the cards next year. I'm standing by a seventh or eighth place finish in the conference. And the BIG isn't going seven deep for the NCAA's.

We should improve based on what returns but that doesn't mean the rest of the league is standing pat. Nebraska just signed a transfer from Robert Morris that averaged 17.6 ppg. And Nebraska is precisely the type of second tier team that we would have to fight in the standings for tournament consideration.

17.6 ppg transfer. Funny what a short (contract) leash will do to a coach. Greg Gard's team will be right there with Nebraska next year also. Minnesota? I don't know. They disappointed me this year.

Last edited:
I just don't see the NCAA in the cards next year. I'm standing by a seventh or eighth place finish in the conference. And the BIG isn't going seven deep for the NCAA's.

We should improve based on what returns but that doesn't mean the rear of the league is standing pat. Nebraska just signed a transfer from Robert Morris that averaged 17.6 ppg. And Nebraska is precisely the type of second tier team that we would have to fight in the standings for tournament consideration.

17.6 ppg transfer. Funny what a short (contract) leash will do to a coach. Greg Gard's team will be right there with Nebraska next year also. Minnesota? I don't know. They disappointed me this year.
Well the great thing is it doesn’t matter where you finish in the conference in terms of your NCAA resume, it moreso matters who you beat and where you beat them. That said I see Iowa as a bubble team probably at best.

I agree with the rest. I expect Wisconsin and Nebraska to probably be ahead of us next year based on projected rosters and coaching.