Next Year

DunderMifflinHk

Yes this year should be great but just for fun I was looking at what the roster will look like and it looks like we have a lot of talent coming back. We could be a very solid team once again in 2011.

IOWA OFFENSE

WR - 6 K. Davis, 23 Cotton
LT - 77 Reiff, 78 Donnal
LG - 73 Gettis, 59 Boffeli
C - 53 Ferentz, 66 McMillan
RG - 76 MacMillan, 70 Van Sloten
RT - 56 Zusevics, 72 Orne
TE - 39 Herman/86 Fiedorowicz, 87 Furlong
QB - 16 Vandenberg, 14 Weinke/17 Derby
WR - 7 McNutt, 83 Staggs
RB - 32 Robinson/27 Hampton, 34 Coker
FB - 38 Rogers, 41 Reisen
PK - 8 Mossbrucker, 96 Meyer

IOWA DEFENSE

DE - 58 Daniel, 98 Hardy/90 Trinca-Pasat
DT - 54 Bigach, 71 Davis/74 Johnson
DT - 93 Daniels, 87 Nardo
DE - 91 Binns, 79 Alvis
LB - 45 T. Nielsen, 20 Kirksey
LB - 57 B. Davis, 37 DiBona
LB - 44 Morris, 43 Poggi
CB - 28 Prater, 2 Castillo
SS - 9 Sash, 29 N. Nielsen
FS - 4 Bernstine, 49 Miller
CB - 18 Hyde, 10 Lowe
P - 6 Guthrie/9 Mullings

Last edited:
September
03 Tennessee Tech
10 @ Iowa State (Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series)
17 Pittsburgh
24 Louisiana-Monroe
October
01 Bye
08 @ Penn State
15 Northwestern
22 Indiana
29 @ Minnesota
November
05 Michigan
12 Michigan State
19 @ Purdue
26 @ Nebraska

Last edited:
Yes this year should be great but just for fun I was looking at what the roster will look like and it looks like we have a lot of talent coming back. We could be a very solid team once again in 2011.

IOWA OFFENSE

WR - 6 K. Davis, 23 Cotton
LT - 77 Reiff, 78 Donnal
LG - 73 Gettis, 59 Boffeli
C - 53 Ferentz, 66 McMillan
RG - 76 MacMillan, 70 Van Sloten
RT - 56 Zusevics, 72 Orne
TE - 39 Herman/86 Fiedorowicz, 87 Furlong
QB - 16 Vandenberg, 14 Weinke/17 Derby
WR - 7 McNutt, 83 Staggs
RB - 32 Robinson/27 Hampton, 34 Coker
FB - 38 Rogers, 41 Reisen
PK - 8 Mossbrucker, 96 Meyer

IOWA DEFENSE

DE - 58 Daniel, 98 Hardy/90 Trinca-Pasat
DT - 54 Bigach, 71 Davis/74 Johnson
DT - 93 Daniels, 87 Nardo
DE - 91 Binns, 79 Alvis
LB - 45 T. Nielsen, 44 Morris
LB - 57 B. Davis, 37 DiBona
LB - 50 Tillison, 43 Poggi
CB - 28 Prater, 2 Castillo
SS - 9 Sash, 29 N. Nielsen
FS - 4 Bernstine, 49 Miller
CB - 18 Hyde, 10 Lowe
P - 6 Guthrie/9 Mullings

Tillison will not be here next year. This is his last year.

I hadn't laid it out like that yet..but looking at the offense, that team could score a lot of points. Perhaps an offense that shapes up to be just as good as this year, if not better, due to OL.

Defense should be salty. 8 or 9 wins seems possible.

I dont think Morris burns his shirt this year to not play A LOT next year...same for Kirksey

I hadn't laid it out like that yet..but looking at the offense, that team could score a lot of points. Perhaps an offense that shapes up to be just as good as this year, if not better, due to OL.

I dont think Morris burns his shirt this year to not play A LOT next year...same for Kirksey

Definitely think 8 or 9 is possible. Hopefully more - if it's 8 or 9 I think that means a loss in Lincoln, don't know if I can stomach that.

I had a feeling that next year was going to be a down year because we lose so much up front on the D but after looking at it, I don't feel as bad. Since Daniels is pretty much a co-starter we will return Binns and Daniels which sounds a hell of a lot better than just Binns. Nielson is back at LB and we've proven that we can produce some good linebackers so I'm not worried about that. And we only lose Greenwood in the secondary which should be covered by Bernstine.

On the other side we only lose one O lineman and if the production of the line lives up to what they are showing now, we could have a devastatingly powerful line. We return both RBs and have others coming up in the wings. We lose Reisner but Herman so far looks good and CJ will be a beast. Our biggest concerns are QB and WR. Fortunately JVB has some great in game experience and even though I take Stanzi over him in a heartbeat this year, the word is JVB has better mechanics and skill than Stanzi. We then lose DJK, Sandeman, and Cheney at the wideout position, but McNutt has proven he is a great asset and Davis is supposed to be the real deal. I've also heard great things about Jordan Cotton.

I think we will in a decent position next year as well. I think with the line we should have and the fact that the passing game may be a little less powerful compared to this year, the run game will be a very effective.

2011 looks good. There's a bye before PSU, Minni is before Michigan and PU is before NE. Hopefully the 'ones' will be able to rest the last quarter in each of the lighter games. (hopefully)

Here is the way I see it:

September
03 Tennessee Tech - W
10 @ Iowa State (Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series) - W
17 Pittsburgh - W
24 Louisiana-Monroe - W
October
01 Bye
08 @ Penn State - L
15 Northwestern - W
22 Indiana - W
29 @ Minnesota - W
November
05 Michigan - L
12 Michigan State - W
19 @ Purdue - W
26 @ Nebraska n- L

9-3...probably 2nd in the division with Michigan winning it

Here is the way I see it:

September
03 Tennessee Tech - W
10 @ Iowa State (Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series) - W
17 Pittsburgh - W
24 Louisiana-Monroe - W
October
01 Bye
08 @ Penn State - L
15 Northwestern - W
22 Indiana - W
29 @ Minnesota - W
November
05 Michigan - L
12 Michigan State - W
19 @ Purdue - W
26 @ Nebraska n- L

9-3...probably 2nd in the division with Michigan winning it

I'd be VERY happy with a 9-3 record for a "rebuilding" year.

What makes me confident about next year is that we're retaining so many guys in the skill positions. Likely our #2, 3, and 4 receiver. Our #3 TE (who may become #2 by season's end). Our #1 and 2 RB (and #3 if Wegher comes back). Our #1 and 2 CB and hopefully our SS. The DL will obviously lose some with Clayborn and Klug leaving, but if Binns sticks around for his senior year we'll have him and Daniels, plus a couple developmental guys who could make the leap. Alvis has shown some promise, and Carl Davis has all the size and strength necessary to get it done if he works hard on his technique. Our OL will come back almost completely intact and that's a unit that's looked very impressive so far. I believe in Morris at MLB and we should have Bruce Davis at one of the spots as well.

The only real question mark we have next year on offense is QB, and JV looks like he should be ready to play and at the very least not lose us any games. It'd be nice to think AJ Derby may be ready to play as a RS Freshman but I think the earliest he sees PT at the top of the depth chart would be his Junior year. Even then, Jake Rudock may jump him.

We're also a little shaky with LB, if Morris and Kirksey don't pan out. But the coaches seem to trust their development and if Kirksey puts some more muscle on that frame he could be someone to really look out for. If Sash leaves we'll have some questions to answer in the defensive backfield, but for the most part I think the guys we're losing are either in deep positions or in positions where we can plug someone in and not have it become an immediate liability.

The only games I could POTENTIALLY see us losing next year are Michigan and @ Nebraska. I don't believe in Denard Robinson; I think if he keeps trying to break and run like he has done so far someone is going to break his ribs. And I don't mean that in terms of he could get hit hard and re-think it, I legitimately think someone is going to break his ribs if he keeps running around like this. They also have gaping holes in their secondary and questionable depth at RB. Penn State has lost the ability to worry me preseason, or even mid-season. We've had their number for the better part of a decade now and I don't see them upsetting us next year with their QB and without Royster. The only reasons I even worry about Nebraska are because we play them on the road and it's the end of our regular season. Anything could happen. But I'll need to watch a lot more of them this year to really have a strong feeling.

Alright Jon, will Ferentz have to wait till 2012 to get his 100th victory? I say next year in Lincoln it happens. RELOAD and bring em on.

Actually if you look at the depth chart....I think IF (big if) Wegher comes back he will be a WR. Iowa will have a lot of depth at RB.

Stop giving Nebraska so much credit, they aren't very good. Very beatable team this year and next. I love Iowa's shot next season, Nebraska will lose 4-5 games easy. So swap those L's with W's fellas.

I think Nebraska losses almost as much as we do this year. I think they lost 12 starters or so. We will both be reloading a bit next year.

Latest posts