New Walk on Branden Stubbs

great.... who's Branden Stubbs? What sport is he walking on in? What position does he play? Where is the link to the story?

He was at Des Moines Christian last year. Played for his dad, Dave. Solid player, but this surprises me. How many walk-ons do we have now?!

Hey chicity you posted the thread after reading the article, if you aren't going to post an exceprt with basic details in the body at least be kind enough to post a link.

Saw this kid play in Des Moines a few times. Very talented. Not going to dazzle with his athleticism but this kid is a lot like Jeff Horner, maybe a little better, with ball handling skills, passing skills and takes it to the hoop better. IAhoops.com ranks him as 10th best player in the 2010 Iowa class. I believe Illinois, Butler, Creighton, Gonzaga, UNI, SIU were interested.

Several of these walk-ons WILL play next season because they are good enough. And don't be surprised if 6'7" 240 F, Malcom Moore gets an offer soon...

Last edited:
I love the fact that coach McCaffery is putting together a Walk On program! Not saying these kids are going to get much game time but this team is going to have a ton of depth that has been lacking for about as many years as I can remember.

... a lot like Jeff Horner, maybe a little better, with ball handling skills, passing skills and takes it to the hoop better.

So he is a better point than probably the best point we have had for quite a while AND he isn't taking up a scholly. I'll take it, but I imagine you may be exaggerating just a little bit.

So he is a better point than probably the best point we have had for quite a while AND he isn't taking up a scholly. I'll take it, but I imagine you may be exaggerating just a little bit.

I'm just using a comparison to a former/current player. His game is molded like Jeff's was. Stubbs turned down offers to walk-on at Iowa. So it doesn't mean he isn't good enough to play for Iowa, but Lickliter and his staff probably didn't offer him because he didn't fit their scheme. Why offer him a scholarship when Stubbs agreed to be a preferred walk-on (saves scholarship)?

PC picture makes him look a little like this guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM]YouTube - BK's Tiny Hands Commercial[/ame]

Saw this kid play in Des Moines a few times. Very talented. Not going to dazzle with his athleticism but this kid is a lot like Jeff Horner, maybe a little better, with ball handling skills, passing skills and takes it to the hoop better. IAhoops.com ranks him as 10th best player in the 2010 Iowa class. I believe Illinois, Butler, Creighton, Gonzaga, UNI, SIU were interested.

Several of these walk-ons WILL play next season because they are good enough. And don't be surprised if 6'7" 240 F, Malcom Moore gets an offer soon...[/SIZE]

One of the dumbest things I have heard. He hasn't even completed JuCo and we have offers towards kids in the 2011 Class that are better, 4 years not 2, and this kid seems to have issues with academics, it would be a huge risk.

As a DMC alumni, I hope he works out better then our last Hawkeye (Sean Sonderliter). :)

I graduated a long time ago ('98) but have heard he is a tremendous young man. My sister knows members of the family and has said they are an amazing family. Sounds like a really good kid and a extremely hard worker.

I believe the family also has good Iowa AAU connections which should help. I think Branden played with McCabe as well.

Latest posts