New unis

We should get new bball unis for the Fram era. Our current jerseys are absolutely dreadful.

I was wondering about that. Lots of Nike teams seem to get new unis every year, coaching change or no. Of course a change could be for the worse.

Still hoping for gold numbers on the black roadies!

Would be cool to wear "old school" uniforms for a couple of games with the short shorts. that would be too funny. Would get a lot of grief but no one could say we weren't going all out.

Looking at the P-C pics from old media days, I kind of liked the 50's unis with the huge "I" on the shorts. I'd guess that's what we wore in the '56 NC game vs San Francisco.

The Uni's are horrible. Nike really ******* us with these. They look bad and fit dreadfully. In some pics it looks like the players have a fanny pack in under their shorts. Really might be the worst uni's in D-1. Definitely B10.

The Uni's are horrible. Nike really ******* us with these. They look bad and fit dreadfully. In some pics it looks like the players have a fanny pack in under their shorts. Really might be the worst uni's in D-1. Definitely B10.

They fit the same way all of the newer Nike "system of dress" uniforms do, with the tighter jerseys and bigger shorts. I think they are far from the worst uniforms in D-1, they are also very similiar to Purdue's with the overall design and black on black numbers.

They fit the same way all of the newer Nike "system of dress" uniforms do, with the tighter jerseys and bigger shorts. I think they are far from the worst uniforms in D-1, they are also very similiar to Purdue's with the overall design and black on black numbers.

Well then it is time to tell Phil he needs a new designer. But what UNI would u say is worse? I can't come up with one.

i like the blacks, hate the whites. indifferent on the golds.

my main issues are with the volleyball-looking collar and the ugly side panel on the shorts.

I would honestly rather the basketball team wear the old shorts with a belt than the ones they're wearing now. I agree that they are the worst uniforms in college basketball! Fran, (since you're probably reading this right now) please change them or pull out the vintage ones in the equipment room asap!

Isn't it typical with a change of regime that the uniforms get changed as well? I know Alford did so and went a step further by changing the court, too. On the one hand, I'd like to see them change -- the diamond pattern on the side smacks of high-school all-star game. On the other hand -- priorities. Get the foundation established first, which by all appearances Fran is doing, then worry about the frosting. Maybe next year?

The shorts are my sticking point...Don't care for the jersey, but the shorts are beyond hideous.

I think they plan to change them but NIKE wasnt ready with the quick turn around so it may be mid-season or next year.

Can someone compile a montage of the historic Hawkeye unis? Maybe offsite so we can click through as series as well as one collage. Then I can follow this thread better.

Can someone compile a montage of the historic Hawkeye unis? Maybe offsite so we can click through as series as well as one collage. Then I can follow this thread better.

I'd like to see that.. I personaly like the Davis era ones, with a couple exceptions. We usually tweaked our jerseys most every year, and were a couple of duds, but there were certain ones I liked alot. The 1987-89 ones are up there, and I think maybe it was one of the ones later in the 90's that were pretty sweet.

Latest posts