New-Pac-12 Network

There will be a network for each of the six regions that have two schools: Washington, Oregon, Northern and Southern California, Arizona and Mountain.

That is really pretty cool. Utah and Colorado sharing their own network? Wow.

It's an interesting set up, it definitely makes me think the BTN could do more to get Olympic sports better coverage (especially wrestling). I am actually quite surprised Larry Scott has been able to accomplish what he has. The Pac 10/12 is not a conference with a rabid fan base, but he has created a tremendous amount of revenue growth and exposure to the conference. No commissioner has done more in such little time as Scott with the Pac 10/12. The previous commissioner must feel like an idiot for not realizing he was sitting on a gold mine all along.

It's an interesting set up, it definitely makes me think the BTN could do more to get Olympic sports better coverage (especially wrestling). I am actually quite surprised Larry Scott has been able to accomplish what he has. The Pac 10/12 is not a conference with a rabid fan base, but he has created a tremendous amount of revenue growth and exposure to the conference. No commissioner has done more in such little time as Scott with the Pac 10/12. The previous commissioner must feel like an idiot for not realizing he was sitting on a gold mine all along.

I would imagine that the BT will be keeping an eye on the success of the Pac 12 network and make adjustments accordingly.

Ive thought for a long time that the end game for larger conferences is multiple channels. BTN2 or something similar could be a big plus.

Seems like diminishing returns for every channel added though. Is there really enough ad revenue to finance more channels? Is there even enough bandwidth to keep adding channels? You could add more sats but could coax really support more HD channels?

Latest posts