New Iowa Football Depth Chart Shows Youth Movement

Goodson is going to be the main receiver this year with Petras throwing often to him as his top checkdown guy. Iowa is going to be constantly trying to get Goodson into mismatches with linebackers and letting him catch the ball in space. I bet he has almost as many receiving yards this year as rushing. That gets the attention of Heisman watchers.

Great post! Iowa is as only as good as their defense is, and in particular their defensive line. They have to stop the run and get pressure without blitzing. Iowa hangs its hat on those two things for the team to have success.
Iowa is typically very good when they have an experienced secondary like this year. DLman can be young and a bit green when Iowa has this and doesn't seem to hurt them as much. Iowa does have some experience returning at DLine and I expect to see some guys develop quickly. I would rather have this than the other way around.

Hawks will have a very good D.

Hawks will have an All American offensive lineman

Hawks will rank in the bottom half of the league in offense

I've seen this movie many times before. 8-4 What's amazing is how many of you act like this is something all new

Iowa is typically very good when they have an experienced secondary like this year. DLman can be young and a bit green when Iowa has this and doesn't seem to hurt them as much. Iowa does have some experience returning at DLine and I expect to see some guys develop quickly. I would rather have this than the other way around.
Yeah we'll quickly see. It just depends how good/not so good they might be on the DL. Our LBs are solid too so along with the secondary the back 7 will be a huge strength. That DL will be the X factor to the whole thing. Can they make it tough to run on and provide a pass rush with just 4? This is me hoping so.

I think, that all the DL has to do is hold up the OL for just a few seconds and with the speed of our LBs who can really really run.... plus the coverage guys in the back we can do well remember, dl/rush guy Evans has played a lot and has a motor that just wont quit... So are we a bit green yes... but I see a really fast, flow to the ball, gang tackle D !!!

Goodson is going to be the main receiver this year with Petras throwing often to him as his top checkdown guy. Iowa is going to be constantly trying to get Goodson into mismatches with linebackers and letting him catch the ball in space. I bet he has almost as many receiving yards this year as rushing. That gets the attention of Heisman watchers.
I am not disagreeing with you. I am worried about how many hits TG will take between running and receiving. Tired legs later in the year? As usual, we really need a second or even third RB who can carry some weight.

I am not disagreeing with you. I am worried about how many hits TG will take between running and receiving. Tired legs later in the year? As usual, we really need a second or even third RB who can carry some weight.
He's a lot more stout physically than Wadley after seeing him in person, and I can't see him getting a whole lot more targets than him in a season. I think he'll be fine.

Wadley's last year he had 280 plays from scrimmage between rushing attempts and pass targets, and the only other person even close to that was Coker in 2011 with 302.

Yahya Black may be the guy that will become an All-American. He already has the body. Imagine if he has the Mitch King mindset…

He's a lot more stout physically than Wadley after seeing him in person, and I can't see him getting a whole lot more targets than him in a season. I think he'll be fine.

Wadley's last year he had 280 plays from scrimmage between rushing attempts and pass targets, and the only other person even close to that was Coker in 2011 with 302.
His usage will be interesting. Other teams will probably key on him a lot since he's the main known commodity we have. The sooner we show off other guys ability to make plays the more it'll open it up for Goodson. BF has his work cut out for him to a degree but so much of it is up to Petras. If he's not able to make plays then how well Goodson does will almost be mute in regards to how well the team does.

I hope the kid from DM North gets a change because I honestly am not seeing either of the Williams (not related) back up running backs, Hit the LOS very fast... the both look strong but, and who knows, because they have had no time to show but in brief glimpses, compared to TGood,, and IKM.... huge read and react difference.
THOUGHTS?