New icon for Hawk Exchange forum?

hawkfan2679

We should really get a new icon for the Hawk Exchange forum. I was thinking something like a sandpaper fist, because it seems like everyone trying to sell their tickets in there is trying to bend a fellow Hawkeye fan over.

I'm sure someone will pay the high prices being demanded by these people, but personally I just don't understand why some feel the need to gouge fellow Hawk fans.

/rant over

We should really get a new icon for the Hawk Exchange forum. I was thinking something like a sandpaper fist, because it seems like everyone trying to sell their tickets in there is trying to bend a fellow Hawkeye fan over.

I'm sure someone will pay the high prices being demanded by these people, but personally I just don't understand why some feel the need to gouge fellow Hawk fans.

/rant over

I completely agree. These prices are 100% ridiculous. It's ludicrous to think that someone wanting to take a family of 4 to experience a night game of COLLEGE FOOTBALL has to turn it into a thousand dollar Saturday to see something that might not even be that great. I'm not trying to be cheap; just do the right thing and sell them for face value. I know the economy isn't great and every dollar helps, but that's the same for everyone, and money isn't everything.

I completely agree. These prices are 100% ridiculous. It's ludicrous to think that someone wanting to take a family of 4 to experience a night game of COLLEGE FOOTBALL has to turn it into a thousand dollar Saturday to see something that might not even be that great. I'm not trying to be cheap; just do the right thing and sell them for face value. I know the economy isn't great and every dollar helps, but that's the same for everyone, and money isn't everything.

If you don't want them, then don't buy them. I am not trying to be a jerk, but if they can get it, more power to them. I toyed with the idea of being "one of those people" earlier in the year, but instead decided to take friends to the games with me. I chose friends over profit. Does not make me better than these people though.

I am actually looking for tickets to the Penn State game (in addition to what I already have), and I am already prepared to pay double face value, or more. It is just the way it is.

Lastly, and again, I am NOT judging you, but why don't you guys have season tickets? Or why didn't you find another way to get them before this time of year?

If you don't want them, then don't buy them. I am not trying to be a jerk, but if they can get it, more power to them. I toyed with the idea of being "one of those people" earlier in the year, but instead decided to take friends to the games with me. I chose friends over profit. Does not make me better than these people though.

I am actually looking for tickets to the Penn State game (in addition to what I already have), and I am already prepared to pay double face value, or more. It is just the way it is.

Lastly, and again, I am NOT judging you, but why don't you guys have season tickets? Or why didn't you find another way to get them before this time of year?

I never buy tickets off of here unless I get them at my price. I offer what I think is somewhat reasonable, but most of the time they think my offer is way too low. Then I go to Kinnick before the game and get them for face value or a little bit more. Done it the past 10 years. Gotten tickets to every game I've wanted.

I'm not actually trying to find tickets. I just go in there to see what tickets are going for and being somewhat outraged by what some people are asking. I understand the concept of supply and demand, and the price of a ticket that the market will bear. But I'm not a fan of the "Hawk on Hawk" crime that is going on in that forum...

And since you asked, I don't have season tickets because I've got a 1 year old at home whom I don't want to send to a babysitter for no less than 6 hours every home game Saturday.

I'm not actually trying to find tickets. I just go in there to see what tickets are going for and being somewhat outraged by what some people are asking. I understand the concept of supply and demand, and the price of a ticket that the market will bear. But I'm not a fan of the "Hawk on Hawk" crime that is going on in that forum...

And since you asked, I don't have season tickets because I've got a 1 year old at home whom I don't want to send to a babysitter for no less than 6 hours every home game Saturday.

Fair enough. And I agree that some of the asking prices are nuts! Did you see the recent allotment for two tix to the last three games, Wisc-MSU-OSU?

$1,700 for six tickets--- $283 PER TICKET! That is crazy to me, but again I would not pay it. Take my season tickets away from me and I would say I would definitely consider paying the $283 for OSU if it was for the B10 title, but I wouldn't even consider it for the other two games.

First, I am curious what people think a reasonable price for 2 tickets for the Penn state game? Assume they are in the endzone.

Second, i don't understand your comment about not wanting to send the kid to a babysitter?
Is it because of the cost? Or are you somehow implying that using a babysitter to go to a football game is bad parenting?

First, I am curious what people think a reasonable price for 2 tickets for the Penn state game? Assume they are in the endzone.

Second, i don't understand your comment about not wanting to send the kid to a babysitter?
Is it because of the cost? Or are you somehow implying that using a babysitter to go to a football game is bad parenting?

To the first point...I don't really have a good answer for you. I know that $283 per ticket is a heck of a lot more than what I would consider reasonable though.

To your second point...I love my son more than anything in the world and not even Hawkeye football can derail that...all the more reason that I do plan on becoming a season ticket holder when I feel like he is old enough to attend games with me. But given my work schedule, combined with my football coaching schedule, I don't get to spend enough time with the little guy as it is, so the thought of a minimum 6 hour trip to Kinninck for 7 Saturdays this fall wasn't worth it. In no way was I trying to insinuate that it was bad parenting...it just didn't work for me and won't for a few more years.

Actually...I thought about it quick, and flame away if necessary, but I think ticket prices are high enough as it is, so I personally wouldn't pay more than about face + $20 or so. What does that make for a PSU ticket...$80? That figure and below is what I consider reasonable.

Latest posts