New Cy-Hawk Series Trophy selected in landslide vote

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
So... what you all think? I don't think it's too bad considering they 'HAD' to have some kind of corn on it. :)
New Cy-Hawk Series Trophy selected in landslide vote | Hawk Central

NewCapture1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess having Kinnick and Trice on it was too much to expect...wouldn't want them talking about THOSE 2 every year, after all...

I liked the birthing a football one better. Who knew they were even voting on it? Could account for why they only got around 10,000 votes.

Why not kinnick trice? This is the old trophy with nicer materials

While Kinnick and Trice are both legends on their respective campi... the idea that Trice stands at the same level as Kinnick, doesn't quite work. So I'm glad they didn't go that direction.

Plus...nothing bearing Nile Kinnick's name or image should ever leave Iowa City to be taken to Ames. Period.

Last edited:
While Kinnick and Trice are both legends on their respective campi... the idea that Trice stands at the same level as Kinnick, doesn't quite work. So I'm glad they didn't go that direction.

Plus...nothing bearing Nile Kinnick's name or image should ever leave Iowa City to be taken to Ames. Period.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. Nile Kinnick was an amazing athlete and died serving his country. Obviously, he was a great man, but this is about the two iconic figures at each school. I mean, both teams stadiums are in their likeness after all. No need to over-think it. I really hope that the next sponsor swallows it's pride and does the right thing.

I'm not sure I understand your logic. Nile Kinnick was an amazing athlete and died serving his country. Obviously, he was a great man, but this is about the two iconic figures at each school. I mean, both teams stadiums are in their likeness after all. No need to over-think it. I really hope that the next sponsor swallows it's pride and does the right thing.

Overthinking it? Let me simplify it for you then...

Kinnick > Trice ... a lot >

Overthinking it? Let me simplify it for you then...

Kinnick > Trice ... a lot >

Oh, I see then. Your feelings/pride would be hurt. Did you know either of these 2 gentlemen before their untimely deaths? Just curious on how you can speak on how one person was better than the other based on each of their very, very short lives.

Oh, I see then. Your feelings/pride would be hurt. Did you know either of these 2 gentlemen before their untimely deaths? Just curious on how you can speak on how one person was better than the other based on each of their very, very short lives.

Sure, whatever you say Stew.

Latest posts