New 2-Deep Released, Ragaini Not Listed

Kind of surprised they listed Keagan. I don't think he's practiced in full pads yet. Also interesting is Colby at RG and Plumb listed as starter at RT. I feel like Colby has been at RT most of camp.

Kirk plays around the depth chart. I think he does it to reward veterans and guys working hard, but also to mess with fans and media.

I'm a bit surprised Van Ness is listed as a No. 2 DT. We'll see Saturday. Things could look a lot different then than now.

Anyone else think our 2-line on defense would be top-third of the conference (at least the front-7)?

So the sophomore beat out the freshman for the kicker spot. At least initially. Nothing made me happier than hearing how well both those dudes did during the open practice when they made literally everything. That was one of the positions last spring that had me kinda worried. Our O demands a good FG kicker. We've been spoiled with great ones for quite awhile now so hoping that keeps up

Keegan's been back at practice for over 2 weeks - not sure if he's went full on, but I'm not surprised to see him there.

Honestly, that 2 deep was better than I thought from an injury perpective. We knew Ragaini was out. Looks like everyone else should be good to go. Weights are not up to date to my understanding. Richman is pushing 315 and Noah Shannon is well over 300.

I was disappointed Colby did not kick out to tackle. I bet he plays RT a decent amount on Saturday.

Strikes me a a Championship level defense and a middle of the pack offense
Nothing new just hope to be wrong

Honestly, that 2 deep was better than I thought from an injury perpective. We knew Ragaini was out. Looks like everyone else should be good to go. Weights are not up to date to my understanding. Richman is pushing 315 and Noah Shannon is well over 300.

I was disappointed Colby did not kick out to tackle. I bet he plays RT a decent amount on Saturday.
Yeah if Plumb is out there on an island I just don't like it.... He would have had to improve so drastically for us to be comfortable with him out there I'm not sure it's possible. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Make Labas QB#1
I'm with this guy. I'm confused why we don't just accept that semi-mobile slingers like Stanzi and Beathard are the actual prototype for overachieving at Iowa. Sure, they get injuries that slow them down, but I'll take a 2009/2015 followed by a slightly disappointing 2010/2016 over a consistent 2017-2021 run any day of the week. 2009 was just way more fun than 2021.

Cooper DeJean and Vanness seem to be the 2022 internet heros. Neither are shown as starters
DeJean is a matter of not knowing where to put him. That'll take time to figure out. If you've listened to any podcasts or interviews with staff they all say he's talented in all 3 phases so they don't know where he's going to go. He'll get plenty of PT, I wouldn't read into it too much.

Phil Parker has said that Cooper is the most versatile player he has had in a decade. Can literally play any position back there, corner or safety. With X also being in line for time at safety, you have too many good players for not enough positions, especially if we play a lot of 4-3, which I bet we do. This is the deepest defense I can recall at Iowa. We have a number of second teamers that would be starters at most of our competitors.

This. And they're a whole lot bigger than our previous iterations the last few years.

There's no replacement for displacement.
Absolutely. This group is bigger and more experienced. They will be better if the couches can sort out the best 5 and get them working together.

I'm not surprised Colby is listed at Guard -- I think that's his strongest position and I wasn't that impressed with him at RT on Kid's Day, as I mentioned earlier. Now, if Richman can't go for some reason at LT, look for Plumb to move over there and then you might see Colby back outside at RT. Man, that OLine makes me very nervous: 2 guys who've never started a game, and at least one other who hasn't been very good. It's mind-boggling in recent years how many times we've said that Iowa's o-line was a weakness and/or unproven.

Does anyone know precisely what Ragaini's injury is?

Latest posts