Need to get JBo shooting much earlier in games

uihawk82

I think he had 4-5 shots in the first 35 minutes and 4-5 in the last 5 minutes of regulation hitting two of them. Even if he is playing point guard they need to get him screens, and set plays to get him 7-10 shots in the first half so he gets his touch and maybe the hawks can get back to scoring 40 points by halftime.

It would be nice for the players to have a 10 or point so lead at the half and then have JBo keep shooting and setting up others

Yeah it's weird that JBo can't seem to put a whole game together. But that doesn't make it any less special what he has been doing? I mean holy crap it's down right unprecedented. Enjoy it while it lasts fellas.

I think he had 4-5 shots in the first 35 minutes and 4-5 in the last 5 minutes of regulation hitting two of them. Even if he is playing point guard they need to get him screens, and set plays to get him 7-10 shots in the first half so he gets his touch and maybe the hawks can get back to scoring 40 points by halftime.

It would be nice for the players to have a 10 or point so lead at the half and then have JBo keep shooting and setting up others
Same things they used to say about Steve Alford. Steve, like JBo, would wear his defenders out over the course of the game with relentless movement and score many of his points late. Alford, like Bohannon, was also known as a below average defensive player, possibly because he was expending a lot of energy himself trying to get open.

JBo is the best w the lights the brightest. He garners so much attention and defensive energy earlier in games that it makes it hard for him to even get shots up. Later in games the defenders are tired. That may give him that little bit of extra space.

Same things they used to say about Steve Alford. Steve, like JBo, would wear his defenders out over the course of the game with relentless movement and score many of his points late. Alford, like Bohannon, was also known as a below average defensive player, possibly because he was expending a lot of energy himself trying to get open.
Pretty good comparison... I thought JBo was a better ball handling version of Brody Boyd. He was a 2 guard in a pgs body for sure. But JBo is a good ball handler and can shoot off the dribble (obviously) Neither are just all that quick/athletic. But they are about the same size.

Pretty good comparison... I thought JBo was a better ball handling version of Brody Boyd. He was a 2 guard in a pgs body for sure. But JBo is a good ball handler and can shoot off the dribble (obviously) Neither are just all that quick/athletic. But they are about the same size.
Lots of similiarities. The difference is thst Alford could shoot all over the court and was as deadly from 15-18 as he was from distance. Perhaps Bohannon would be just as deadly from that range if he played in Alford's era.

I think Bohannon put to rest that it was a poor decision to take the last shot against Maryland. I really wish Cowan didnt foul him. It would have been cool to see if he would have made it.

I think Bohannon put to rest that it was a poor decision to take the last shot against Maryland. I really wish Cowan didnt foul him. It would have been cool to see if he would have made it.

Yeah, what was the deal with Cowan as it looked like he hit Jbo's arm or elbow on that last attempt? Did other people think JBo got fouled on his last sec shot against the terps?

I didnt read many people talking about Jbo taking the shot too early but when you are down you should leave a few seconds so if you miss like he did then you might get a 2nd chance shot.

I really like it when with about 6-7 seconds left a good shooter but second option is giving a good shot fake to draw the defense but he passes to the best shooter or another good shooter who might be even more wide open.

I'd have to watch the replay again, but I didn't think Bohannon got fouled. It appeared to me that he just forced a bad shot and contorted his shooting motion to avoid the defender. Moss on the other hand definitely got fouled.

It's not exactly easy for him to get his shot off. He is slow, not a knock on him, but he is not very athletic, and he shoots a set shot like a junior high player does. Most college players shoot jump shots which lets them get above the defender making it easier to get shots off.

It's not exactly easy for him to get his shot off. He is slow, not a knock on him, but he is not very athletic, and he shoots a set shot like a junior high player does. Most college players shoot jump shots which lets them get above the defender making it easier to get shots off.
He's about one third the athlete Mike Gesell was but I would trust him in a clutch situation about three times as much.

I'd have to watch the replay again, but I didn't think Bohannon got fouled. It appeared to me that he just forced a bad shot and contorted his shooting motion to avoid the defender. Moss on the other hand definitely got fouled.

There were pictures all over social media of Bohannon getting fouled. As he was going up, Cowan hit his forearm. That's why it was a line drive.

Also when someone is guarding you tight, you would put more arch on the shot to get it over them before you would shoot a line drive.

Latest posts