Nebraska fires D coaches

thawks1

Riley fired DC and Db coach, maybe one more had been with him for 20 years. NU had hired a consultant who has many years NFL experience.

I think KF should have said in his press conference "we decided to make some changes on the offensive side of the ball because we only scored 40 against Nebraska"
nebraska-assistant-drops-to-knees-after-byu-hail-mary.gif

Reactions: DJL
Your defense gave up 40 to this offense. Then the offense that somehow scored 40 against you fired its OC. You gotta let your DC go then, no choice.

Their DC giving lowly Iowa props for "blood bath practices" sealed his fate regardless of any results on the field. NU is way too superior to give Iowa any credit for their success and the loss to the Hawkeyes was of course a fluke in their brainless opinion.

Could he have gotten fired because of Iowa putting up 40 on them? I mean, our offense was really bad! But we dropped 40 on Nebraska?
I am completely serious. I think the Iowa game played a major role in his dismissal.

Could he have gotten fired because of Iowa putting up 40 on them? I mean, our offense was really bad! But we dropped 40 on Nebraska?
I am completely serious. I think the Iowa game played a major role in his dismissal.
Whatever it is I don't think it came from Mike Riley. He is (to Nebraska's peril) way too nice of a guy. I honestly believe, not exaggerating, that he doesn't have the stones to fire anyone himself. He's a new agey, very type B personality who I really think would go down with a sinking ship rather than upset someone in the least. If you're a guy who cannot bring himself to even raise his voice, which Riley has admitted, you are probably a in a square peg/round hole situation at Nebraska.

The changes on Nebraska's staff are coming from the athletic department and other outside pressures.

Latest posts