Nebraska and Michigan State involved in federal lawsuit concerning sexual assaults

MoseSchrute

https://journalstar.com/news/local/...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

“UNL has fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults, sexual harassment, stalking, and other forms of general discrimination when those acts are perpetrated by male student-athletes in order to protect UNL, the male athletics program, male student-athletes, and the NCAA, at the expense of female victims,” the lawsuit states.

In other words....a bunch of stuff we already knew.

https://journalstar.com/news/local/...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

“UNL has fostered a culture in which female victims are discouraged from reporting sexual assaults, sexual harassment, stalking, and other forms of general discrimination when those acts are perpetrated by male student-athletes in order to protect UNL, the male athletics program, male student-athletes, and the NCAA, at the expense of female victims,” the lawsuit states.

Troubling stuff. Not exacly sure the reason behind filing a class-action suit combining women from UNL and MSU; I suppose just to defray legal costs (legal people, help me out here)? And there are obviously enough victims between those 2 institutions to make class-action make sense. It will be interesting to see if women from other institutions also join in with this suit.

How does this work with 2 defendants? Can UNL be found liable, and MSU not, or vice versa? Or is it an all-or-none thing?

It seems like a weird lawsuit. It's actually against the NCAA. C'mon down, OKfPz and lay this one out for us.

"Unlike other recent Title IX lawsuits filed against the university for acting indifferently to reports of rape or sexual harassment, the lawsuit filed by current and former students says the NCAA failed to hold its members accountable to a campus sexual violence policy it adopted in 2017."

I am a litigator and do class work. To me, two class actions against each institution would have been cleaner. Both have deep pockets, so that is not the issue. The main reason I would consider filing it this way is to get discovery on all the other institutions to try and broaden the class. In other words, you use known scumbags like MSU and Nebbie as trojan horses to see whether other member institutions have done similar things so that it eventually broadens into a mammoth suit against all big time colleges. The reality is that we know sexual assaults are prevalent on college campuses and athletes from major programs get a disproportionate amount of media if they are involved. I suspect there is a lot of dirt to collect. Iowa should not revel in Nebbie's misery. This could end up being just the first shot fired.

WHAT?! Since when hasn’t Debby ran a squeaky-clean program? Just ask em. They will tell you they are the classiest program around. And their actions certainly show such.

Racism is so prevalent. It will never end. That's why we need to keep spending billions of dollars on it at the government and private level to fund these lucrative and secure positions.

And as mentioned, such assaults are common in so many venues, including colleges. The victims are left isolated, often by design. They get Alforded too often.

This could get real ugly for them.
I think it already is, high character kids outside of the in-state brain washed don't seem to be flocking to Little red. They get their talent but seems like a lot of misses. In the famous amphibious landing last year he harped on leadership and responsibility they needed to develop, like at Iowa. Even now Doyle is all over keeping the guys lifting and being held accountable in smaller teams and working on individual workouts for what ever the guys have on hand. He as much as Kirk, maybe more so, is responsible for the programs success. Iowa is damm lucky to have him.

I think it already is, high character kids outside of the in-state brain washed don't seem to be flocking to Little red. They get their talent but seems like a lot of misses. In the famous amphibious landing last year he harped on leadership and responsibility they needed to develop, like at Iowa. Even now Doyle is all over keeping the guys lifting and being held accountable in smaller teams and working on individual workouts for what ever the guys have on hand. He as much as Kirk, maybe more so, is responsible for the programs success. Iowa is damm lucky to have him.
I was thinking about this the other day regarding the lack of on-campus training this spring/summer and how it will impact football programs. Rob's article eased my mind about our ability to get through what will be the longest off season in my lifetime.

Osborne literally built his program by ensuring his players could do whatever they wanted so he could lure talent to play at that shit school.

There were serial rapists on that team in the 90s.