NCAA Tourney

blubberhawk

Oklahoma is 6-12 in their final 18 games and Lunardi still has them in the tourney. Is Oklahoma a tourney team now? Hell no. Texas too? Texas played 3 good teams in their non-league schedule and lost to all three. Seems the Big 12 gets a lot of credit for being a great league every year and then they lay a great big turd in the NCAA tourney.

I think OU is incredibly lucky that Trae Young played so great early. He hasn't really been playing as well lately. He's a national story and everybody is ga ga for him, and IMO that is going to be a deciding factor to get in the tourney. They are also lucky last 10 games doesn't factor in anymore.

However, their team sheet is still pretty impressive:

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/team-sheet?team=Oklahoma

6-8 vs. G1 and 3-4 vs G2.

Texas is pretty good too: http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/team-sheet?team=Texas

5-10 vs G1 and 2-3 vs G2.

The fact is this is a very weird year for the selection committee. With big conferences, so many of the highly ranked teams are concentrated in a few leagues. Leagues like the Big East and Big 12, which play a full round robin and have a lot of teams in the top 50, means you're likely guaranteed between 10 and 14 G1 games. Michigan State only played 5 G1 games in conference. OSU only played 4. OU played 12. UT played 10 and will at least have 1 more.

Whether it's right or not, the NCAA selection committee has prioritized schedule strength for many years. Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big East schools are going to have a huge leg up this year in that regard.

I think the Big 12 could have a horrible record in the NCAA's this year - Assuming 8 teams do make it, the bottom 4 or 5 will be really low seeds, I think TT, KU, and WVU are going to be some of the weakest high seeds.

So, what seed do y'all think the Iowa men's team gets this year?

bad_seed_title-630x330.jpg

I’m so excited to be the whitest team in America next year. We are going to blow the doors off with our athleticism. We might sky rocket to 10th place in the big ten next year

Oklahoma is 6-12 in their final 18 games and Lunardi still has them in the tourney. Is Oklahoma a tourney team now? Hell no. Texas too? Texas played 3 good teams in their non-league schedule and lost to all three. Seems the Big 12 gets a lot of credit for being a great league every year and then they lay a great big turd in the NCAA tourney.

Look what happened with Iowa in 2013-2104. At the end of the regular season they were one of the worst teams in the conference. I believe they won 3 or 4 games total after the end of January and were playing some of the worst defense of the FM era over their last 10 games that season (which is saying something). But they still got into the play in games.

With that many at large spots available you don't really need to be good or in some cases average. Just don't be a bad team, hover around .500 in your conference and don't lose to any mid major lightweights and you'll have a good shot at getting in.

I’m so excited to be the whitest team in America next year. We are going to blow the doors off with our athleticism. We might sky rocket to 10th place in the big ten next year

I didn't know Moss, Cook, Pemsl, Wagner and Dailey were white. Hmm, live and learn.

This is me whenever the Big 12 falls flat on their faces in the NCAA tournament. Needless to say I go through a lot of Dr Pepper

drpepperbro.gif

I didn't know Moss, Cook, Pemsl, Wagner and Dailey were white. Hmm, live and learn.

They are transparent black. They may be black, but they the whitest style of ball this side of the Mason-Dixon line. Just call it Fran ball, formally known as Lick Ball.....just faster.;)