NCAA not done investigating OSU?

Just read in USA TODAY Gene Smith said if additional penalties are handed out to Ohio State he will be shocked, disappointed and on the offensive. Is he really that clueless to think their self imposed wrist slap is gonna be the end of this?

Just read in USA TODAY Gene Smith said if additional penalties are handed out to Ohio State he will be shocked, disappointed and on the offensive. Is he really that clueless to think their self imposed wrist slap is gonna be the end of this?

Does that shocked, disappointed, and on the offensive translate to finding another scapegoat to pin the whole thing on while he claims zero responsibility?

Does that shocked, disappointed, and on the offensive translate to finding another scapegoat to pin the whole thing on while he claims zero responsibility?

I can't imagine who that would be. He should be next in line to get punted out the front door.

Yahoo and others are saying that unless Tressel dropped a bomb on OSU today they likely wouldn't be penalized further. He didn't and the OSU is screwed contingent is going to be very upset ;). OSU's hearing lasted under 4 hrs, by comparison USC's lasted 3 days.....

Yahoo and others are saying that unless Tressel dropped a bomb on OSU today they likely wouldn't be penalized further. He didn't and the OSU is screwed contingent is going to be very upset ;). OSU's hearing lasted under 4 hrs, by comparison USC's lasted 3 days.....

It's disgusting how gleeful you can be that your program is getting away with lying and cheating their way to success.

And that's a rather pathetic way to look at things, to be honest.

All the fanbases that are jealous of OSU's on field success were sooooo happy when they thought OSU was gonna get hammered. The outrage in 2 or so months of said fanbases will make me laugh a lot. People confused what was reported vs. the actual facts. Tressel takes the bullet and the program chugs along.....is that not justice??? Lol....

All the fanbases that are jealous of OSU's on field success were sooooo happy when they thought OSU was gonna get hammered. The outrage in 2 or so months of said fanbases will make me laugh a lot. People confused what was reported vs. the actual facts. Tressel takes the bullet and the program chugs along.....is that not justice??? Lol....

No, that's not justice. It's plausible deniability at its finest. Not justice.

Last I'd read earlier this afternoon was that nothing got resolved today and that any final decision is at least 2 months away.

So fufred can probably put his pants back on now. Probably still need the towel though.

Last I'd read earlier this afternoon was that nothing got resolved today and that any final decision is at least 2 months away.

So fufred can probably put his pants back on now. Probably still need the towel though.

Decision will be made within a week, the report takes weeks to write up. Dan Wetzel is the man in the know, yahoo has a mole in the ncaa, they have broke every one of these stories. Wetzel believes ncaa wont add anything of significance....the fact the hearing didn't even last til lunch is a pretty good sign of what's gonna happen. No one has argued that....

Semantics....:D

Seriously? Are you so pathetic that your very being is tied to the fortunes of Ohio State football? I mean good Lord, I love the Hawks, but if Ferentz were busted doing the stuff that Tressel was, I'd be wanting him out the door, along with everyone else with even remote involvement. I'd hardly be giggling with joy if we got a slap on the wrist. I'd be thoroughly embarrassed to have to say I'm an Iowa fan.

You have absolutely no shame.

Seriously? Are you so pathetic that your very being is tied to the fortunes of Ohio State football? I mean good Lord, I love the Hawks, but if Ferentz were busted doing the stuff that Tressel was, I'd be wanting him out the door, along with everyone else with even remote involvement. I'd hardly be giggling with joy if we got a slap on the wrist. I'd be thoroughly embarrassed to have to say I'm an Iowa fan.

He's an Ohio State fan.

Decision will be made within a week, the report takes weeks to write up. Dan Wetzel is the man in the know, yahoo has a mole in the ncaa, they have broke every one of these stories. Wetzel believes ncaa wont add anything of significance....the fact the hearing didn't even last til lunch is a pretty good sign of what's gonna happen. No one has argued that....

Very first paragraph chief.

Ohio State Buckeyes, Jim Tressel hearing before NCAA panel done after four hours - ESPN

What if KF and the highest profile player took all of the blame? Dont you think under that scenario that you would be happy with the outcome especially if said player left school?

I think you should relax a bit. If the scenario was reversed everyone here would be happy and thinking its fair

What if KF and the highest profile player took all of the blame? Dont you think under that scenario that you would be happy with the outcome especially if said player left school?

I think you should relax a bit. If the scenario was reversed everyone here would be happy and thinking its fair

When it's pretty obvious that it wasn't Tressel acting alone here (it's not like the former AD didn't give him a less than positive performance review.....oh wait), a slap on the wrist doesn't cut it. There is no way that nobody else knew about this.

When it's pretty obvious that it wasn't Tressel acting alone here (it's not like the former AD didn't give him a less than positive performance review.....oh wait), a slap on the wrist doesn't cut it. There is no way that nobody else knew about this.

I'm not arguing that fact - I agree with you. My point is that if the situation was reversed you would not be disgusted with the result. That's why fans are fans. Fufred being happy is how any fan would be

Latest posts