NBA Finals

ibahawkeye

Anybody care?

It shocks me how unpopular the NBA is here in Iowa. I get that we don't have a local team but as a basketball fan you gotta have an appreciation of the game being played at the highest level.

I would have said Warriors in 7 but I'm starting to think it may be done in 5.

Anybody care?

It shocks me how unpopular the NBA is here in Iowa. I get that we don't have a local team but as a basketball fan you gotta have an appreciation of the game being played at the highest level.

Warriors in 5.

The NBA isn't for everyone and I get that. It is getting harder and harder to defend the purpose of the regular season. Even though the NBA playoffs are the most predictable thing ever; I still love it, even in a dogshit year like this one.

Warriors in 5.

The NBA isn't for everyone and I get that. It is getting harder and harder to defend the purpose of the regular season. Even though the NBA playoffs are the most predictable thing ever; I still love it, even in a dogshit year like this one.

Yeah, I think the league is going to have to do something to limit these super teams. The league needs some more parity so that it's more competitive and not so top heavy.

To your point, the playoffs have been terrible because of these super teams.

Yeah, I think the league is going to have to do something to limit these super teams. The league needs some more parity so that it's more competitive and not so top heavy.

To your point, the playoffs have been terrible because of these super teams.

I'm a fan of the NBA. I wasn't for a long time but like you said, I gained an appreciation for watching the game being played at its highest level.

I don't have an issue with the super teams. I think it's good for the league. It raises the bar and that's a good thing. Now KD leaving screwed OKC, they have an excuse to be worse but the other 28 teams knew they had to step up to compete with the GS, SA, and Cle level teams for years and they've failed to do so.

My only issue with the league is the one issue that will never change and that's guaranteed contracts. The overall quality of play would skyrocket if the NBA was the the NFL in which every practice and every game your job is on the line.

Well KD got his ring. I do think this Warriors team is the best ever. Is there any other championship teams in the history of the league that have 2 NBA MVPs on their roster?

Add in Klay Thompson who can certainly shoot/score but his best value might be his defense. Green is the enforcer./defender/shit talker. Then you have players like Iguoadola, David West, Livingston, Pachulia, even McGee that all play their role perfectly. I guess it's just crazy to me that the team is so deep when you have stars like Curry, KD and Klay.

So what you say??? Best ever?

Well KD got his ring. I do think this Warriors team is the best ever. Is there any other championship teams in the history of the league that have 2 NBA MVPs on their roster?

Add in Klay Thompson who can certainly shoot/score but his best value might be his defense. Green is the enforcer./defender/shit talker. Then you have players like Iguoadola, David West, Livingston, Pachulia, even McGee that all play their role perfectly. I guess it's just crazy to me that the team is so deep when you have stars like Curry, KD and Klay.

So what you say??? Best ever?[/QUOTE

With the way they score & defend, they have to be up there. Would love to see them match up with a team like 2001 Lakers or 1994/1995 Rockets. Would they be able to handle a team with a dominant presence in the middle? But sadly the NBA center is dead & buried.

KD is now the king of "if you can't beat them, join them" universe

Anybody care?

When are the finals? Would kind of like to catch a game. Or at least a couple of minutes anyway.

Reactions: DJL

So what you say??? Best ever?

Well, the Celtics of the 50s and 60s come to mind. Bob Cousy and Bill Russell were both MVPs and played integral parts of those championships. The Celtics of the 80s also had MVPs on the roster in Bill Walton and Larry Bird.

The Lakers had three MVPs on their roster at one time in the 80s: Bob McAdoo, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson.

And I can't say if they are the best ever or not. The game is so different today. I wonder how many would fearlessly drive the lane if a player could make a play like McHale did to Rambis. Up until that incident in the finals, plays like that were not uncommon. Today's game takes away a lot of the physicality that the Detriot teams used against Jordan, Watching the film of the games from the 50s and 60s, guys were constantly roughed up if they scored a lot. Players like Oscar Robertson regularly took a physical pounding every game as their opposing coaches often believed it was the only way to slow them down. Today's game gives the offensive player a lot of advantages that those teams never had. Add to that the fact that the NBA has so many teams that the talent is diluted compared to then.

The stars aligned perfectly for the Warriors salary cap wise. You have Steph singing an extension at what ended up being a huge discount and then you see the salary cap increase at the perfect time to have space open up to offer KD.

Latest posts